Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wrote an email to savage last sunday about no magazine with my savage 62 that i bought at walmart, i haven't heard anything yet. i can't call their number as my phone won't call long distance. how long does it take for savage to answer a problem after it is posted to their web site? i did get a confirmation email that they are giving it to a member of their staff right after i posted sunday. haven't heard anything since. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
They usually have very good customer service. Too bad you can't call them,if you could,try to talk to Effie Sullivan. She will take care of you,or get you to someone that can.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
In my experience savage CS is pretty non-existent.

My savage 10 fcpsr had a bent firing pin, burrs in the chamber and heads pace set too tight. It took me about 8 months to sort these things out.

I could roll the firing pin on a flat machining surface and it was clearly bent. Savage claimed I was pulling the trigger wrong as the gun would suffer from light strikes and misfires. New firing pin problem fixed.

Chamber was leaving huge scratches and cartridges getting stuck after firing. Savage claimed it was wrong ammo... Hornady federal Remington all did this. Local gunsmith polished out the burrs. Still getting stuck cases.

Third call to savage and savage swore it was handloads... while I do handloads I do not test new guns with handloads and none were used in this gun at time of issues. Dropped in a go gage for 308 bolt wouldn't close. Reheadspaced gun has run flawless ever since.

I bought a savage 22 bolt gun. Gun would not cock. Called savage they said I was not operating the bolt correctly... after getting off the phone in disgust I took the gun apart and quickly discovered the firing mechanism was incorrectly assembled. After using a parts diagram I got it together and it's been flawless ever since.

Savage guns are good if you diy your own issues if they crop up just don't expect savage to do anything but blame others for their mistakes

With savage CS your better off asking a 4yr old for help as your not getting it from savage

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i wrote an email to savage last sunday about no magazine with my savage 62 that i bought at walmart, i haven't heard anything yet. i can't call their number as my phone won't call long distance. how long does it take for savage to answer a problem after it is posted to their web site? i did get a confirmation email that they are giving it to a member of their staff right after i posted sunday. haven't heard anything since. thanks for any help.

I understand the desire to be frugal. Buy a phone card man.
I get mad at my kid for trying to do everything via email.

Have you tried WalMart? Make a day of it an make the WalMart guy frustrated and angry.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I had a Savage 93R17 with accuracy issues. I called them, and they had me send it to them. I'd taken my scope off before sending it back. When it was mailed back to me, it had a new scope mounted on it and sighted in for me, as well as a shot target.

I was very impressed and grateful.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was given a toll free number to savage on another forum, i contacted savage, they said this rarely happens but does from time to time. the man i spoke with said in the 10+ years he has worked there only about 4-5 times has this happened with him taking the call. he said all the times it did it was from a chain store, so i'm thinking my mag is at walmart or a walmart worker needed one. anyway he was very nice and is sending me two mags for my wait and trouble, A+ service from savage and he said with hunting season was why my email hasn't been answered but he said he will take care of me with two mags and ship them priority mail. now when they come in this week i will shoot and update, thanks everyone

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took it out a few days ago, sorry i haven't updated been busy. i shot only from 20yds because of time but fired 100rds, no jams and everything fired and ejected. groups were about 1/2 inch average which i think is great for me with open sites. love this gun and at $99 is a steal for what i got, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
when

When I bought my 110 in 25-06, it had been on the LGS rack for 4 years. It was a package that included rifle, scope, and leather sling. By the time I bought it, the box was gone, as well as the sling. I called Savage for a sling, they were super nice and told me they would ship one to me. I had it in a week, no charge.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had a 22 lr mag that I could load in the gun at capacity without the bolt open. They sent me a new mag. It had the same problem so I cut a little off of the follower and now I have 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You did not see the rifle was missing the magazine?
I don't understand this , kind of like buying a car without a steering wheel !

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Current Even a B-Mag:-I had a real turkey for a B-Mag Sporter. The Savage lady rep was nice enough to see that I get a replacement after the offer expired. It was explained that Savage did not make all models all the time. The exchange would take time. Finally, got the replacement which was a stainless heavy barrel. The trigger assembly went south. Rifle returned. Got a notice that rifle was to be scraped. The gun I sent was to be replaced. It was replaced. That rifle was traded off because it was too expensive to shoot. I no longer varmint hunt. I'd say that Savage would do back flips to take care of customers.. My current Savage BSEV is a champ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts