How hard is it to take over a country?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by texaswoodworker, Jan 11, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

This is just another one of those random thoughts that pop into my head.:D

If a country was able to sneak an entire army into another country disguised as tourist over the course of a year, and were able to sneak guns into the country as well, how hard would it be to quickly takeover and control that country? I am not talking about a large, mostly gun toteing country like America. I'm talking about the a small (sized) country like the UK where the citizens and police do not have many guns. This does not really sound that far-fetched to me. It actually sound possible. The could even implant a lot of their army into the UK's army to gain access to larger weapons.

Just started wondering this earlier and wanted to know what you guys think. I see this as a great example of why the citizens should have guns, as well as the military.

2. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

The biggest problem I see with it is that you would have to have your sneaky army be the same race and speak the same language as the country you were sneaking in to. Imagine the red flags it would raise if ove the course of a year 500,000 chinese imigrated into the uk.

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

How hard is it to take over a country?

its not difficult...ours has.

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

hey..no profiling.

........and great pun!...about the red flags being raised :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. texaswoodworker

Maybe some, but they would be bombing their own people too.:eek:

True, but what if it was a country right next to them (or pretty close) like Belgium, France, or Germany? They would not be that out of place there. Look at the US and Mexico. They have more then enough people here to make up a large army, and it is normal!

True dat.:D

6. texaswoodworker

ROFLMAO. They would stick out a little too much. :D

7. opaww

opaww New Member

Not hard at all...osamaobama took this one over in one day without even firing a shot

8. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

The RAF does have US made smart bombs.

9. texaswoodworker

True, but the enemy army could easily take hostages on a large (national) scale. Plus, they would be over the entire country so where would they concentrate their fire? Every major city and large town would be taken hostage or under fire at the same time.:eek:

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

All of your thoughts on this are valid. But there is one thing that way too many people seem to forget and that is this... An invasion means war. War means people die. Its that simple. Collateral damage happens, no one likes it, but sometimes it simply can't be avoided.

11. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

Let's also not forget that most (if not all) countries have an alliance with somebody.

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

With the economic situation the way it is, I dont think it would be too hard... See 1930's Germany...

13. texaswoodworker

Thats also true. I guess they would bomb their own people if it meant that they would win. Kind of a grim way to win though.

But this was what I was thinking.

When the army (and by army, I mean 500,000 to 1,000000 people) is in place (spread out in stategic locations throught the entire nation).
    They will attack all at once. Killing/capturing most of the resistence (who are caught by surprise) fairly quickly and taking all the civilians that they can find hostage. They will also take over any heavy weapons (such as tanks and artillary) that they can find.
    They can then work toward either destroying, or taking over military bases and Government buildings. This basically cripples the military, and the command structure.
    Air stikes can work agains the invading army, but where do they strike when the enemy is everywhere? I guess they could bomb or nuke the enemy (and millions of their own people in the process), but that would leave a very grim future for the nation when the war is over.
    Anyway a war like this plays out, It will most likely end with a grim future for the nation that was attacked. At least for several years until it can rebuild itself.

14. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I'd say harder than the average invasion these days.

Imagine, for example, if Russia "Snuck" into the U.S. to invade and occupy. Are they sneaking in Air Support, Naval Support, and Heavy Armor on the ground, too? Because if you're just foot soldiers, even an entire army, especially in this country, would meet some very heavy civilian resistance long before the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force were mobilized to strike back.

15. texaswoodworker

That can chage a lot, but would it really save the country under attack from destruction? The first attack would catch the country by surprise and if everything went according to plan, it would cripple it. The countries allies could attack the attacking country, but by then, the damage would have already been done. This is definetly a grim senario for the country under attack. What I think would happen is that if the allies were able to defeat the attacking country, the invaded country would still be faced with a lot of rebuilding from the massive amounts of destruction caused by the war.

Also remember, the invading country has allies too.

If you want to take the political route, that would be pretty easy.

16. texaswoodworker

No. It would be extremely difficult to sneak armor into the country. And anykind of immediate support would tip off the country that is being invaded. (That would have to wait until after the ground forces attacked). I believe a invasion like this would fail in America due to the amount of guns in the hands of civilians. But in a country like the UK where the police and civilians do not have very many guns, it would be a lot easier.

17. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Sneaking 500,000-1,000,000 people into a country as tourists would be unlikely. A more feasible route would be to get around 100-250 highly trained men to capture and hold major government buildings (the White House, Capitol Hill, Pentagon.) While everyone is worried about the pres, senators, etc. you can then commence a large scale attack on the major airbases. (With the 1,000,000 previously mentioned) After you take out their air defenses the attack is easy.

18. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

You just explained WWII. Germany destroyed most of Europe, but the damage they sustained, (in both wars) outlasted the damage done to other countries.

19. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

It's happening in California. The invaders don't speak the language, they are not coming from China, and it is taking more than a year, but it is definitely happening.