How Gross..........?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by dango, Mar 9, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

In a life changing experience , just what low level could you achieve as (Taste-Buds) go..? What would , or have you eaten to stay alive..? :eek:

Got to say "Beaver Tail" was probably the most discuss-ting thing I've eaten.!

High in calories , fat , fiber.? , and iron ! All else you need is Vitamin supplements..!

Yuk.......! Fiber , any eatable "green-age" , graze..! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

We used to have a popular recipe for possum. Nail a possum to a board, stuff an apple in it's mouth, and cook in the oven at 400 deg for 2hrs. When you finish, throw away the possum and eat the board. I've never had any desire to try possum after hearing that joke my whole life, but I would eat it in a minute if I had to.

Beaver is just too greasy (I haven't tried the tail). Raccoon is greasy but great in barbecue sauce, and even better grilled in it (that is some good stuff). Turtle stew is some of the best stuff you will ever eat. Frog legs and snakes are both tasty.

I've never tried any insects but if things got bad enough they would be on the menu (cooked and probably mixed with some beans). :)

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Guess the oddest thing I ever did was drink water dripping off a tent, and I was friggin' happy to get it at the time!

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Gar balls. disgusting.

5. dango

Gar...? You mean that prehistoric (Dino-Fish) of the murky waters of the South with many teeth..?

Balls........? No comment ......! EeeeeK.....!

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yep. Balls made of their meat, not their testicles.

7. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

A friend who hunts with her husband all over the U.S. and Canada used to bring me game meat. There was a package of black bear steaks, sliced very thin, from an animal that either had not been cared for properly or was at death's door from old age before it was shot. Tough, rank, and nasty as anything I ever tasted. Well, maybe except for a Rallyburger. :rolleyes:

8. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

No that's typical black bear. My friend killed on years ago and we cooked some up. It was greasy and nasty too!

9. racer_x

racer_x New Member

lol Ill stick with deer and turkey there everywhere and taste good too.

10. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I'm out of my league on this posting. The most disgusting thing I've eaten in the last couple of years was a McDonald's hamburger. Took one bite and in the garbage it went. I think the black bear mentioned above might have been better.

11. dango

Well Gr.....eight Ole Dude , Given the choices in your reply , I'll take the beaver..!
    EeeeeK !......:D

12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

My father was a taxidermist. When I was a kid, we ate what society considered garbage. Survived.

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sloth. But I was drunk at the time.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ya know, I kinda figured you for an enthusiastic beaver eater... ;)

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That's the way i am with White Castle 'hamburgers'. I can't even stand the smell of them.

Well, a sloth is about the only thing you can chase down and kill when you're drunk. They aren't very quick. ;)

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Good one! Oh good golly that's a good one!

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

:D

I remember watching a nature program and the host was holding a sloth in the wild. The animal was moving very slowly hanging off the man's arms and the host said the animal was very afraid and was trying desperately to get away. But it was all in slo mo. So funny.

18. unclebear

unclebear New Member

lets see the worse thing I've eatin... does my mother in laws cooking count?

Seriously though I would have to say the worse thing I've eatin would have to be Goat Eyes. We were drinking and it was $50 bet that I won

19. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Ever see a porcupine trying to get away from you by climbing a tree, racing at about 3 feet a minute? The poor thing -- I could only laugh at it out loud as it put one little hand/foot/paw in front of the other sooo slowly.

A sack of ten sliders is nice. The little grilled onion. And w/jalapeno cheese? Mmm...

Rocky Mountain Oysters don't count, right? Had 'em just for the novelty at the Denver gun show just so I could come here someday and say I had...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  20. dango

I'm see-in Cro-Magnon here! :D Fact is , WE would eat anything to stay alive,
    I just wanted to disgust myself !:eek:

If it don't jump , slither or fly off my plate , I'd eat it to stay alive!
    If it did try to escape , I'd catch and eat it with an attitude....! :D