How fast can you skin and gut a deer?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Hawg, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Well sure, anyone can do it quick in the daylight. :p

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i didnt know it was a race!!

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I didn't know anyone ever did it in the daylight!

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

i hear that. early dawns light is too damn early for me to be up shooting bambis.

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

If it was a race, why didn't he use a golf ball?

6. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

....................:confused:

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That's what lights on the Jeep are for!

Haven't seen the golf ball vid in a year1

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

This guy is pretty fast too! :eek:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMa44W5jNDA[/ame]

9. Boggy5

Boggy5 New Member

I once shot a doe with my bow, watched it jump the fence onto the neighboring cornfield, lay down and die. The neighboring land owner is not a fan of hunting and has told us he doesn't want us on his property at all. Which, we have the right to retrieve downed game, but we prefer to avoid physical contact if at all possible. So on this occasion my dad and I drove through the cornfield, turned all lights off except for a pocket-sized flashlight. I did not time my dad, but it had to be less than a minute for a complete field dressing in very dim light. I was holding the hind legs trying not to laugh because I could not believe how fast he was going...he never cut into the guts either. When the gutting was done we kindly left the coyotes a warm meal, threw the deer in the truck and drove out with all our lights off in about two minutes total. My dad may be a one-time wonder, who knows, he may never be able to do it that fast again without cutting something we didn't want cut, but it's still the most amazing gutting of an animal I've ever seen and probably ever will see. Just wish I had a camera at the time. :)

10. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3S3gZ7uZ7Q]YouTube - How to skin a deer with a golf ball[/ame]

11. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Well that was kind of anti-climatic. :(