How Far Will a .22LR Kill?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by priell3, Mar 24, 2012.

1. priell3

priell3 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY&context=C4065285ADvjVQa1PpcFOoZgf9KcOB1YkIVZCybfDU5hiu2Q_J8IM=[/ame]

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

It’s like the shooter said: The 22lr will kill further than you can shoot accurately.

3. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I'm NOT going to get pulled into yet another useless caliber debate, so I'm going to have my say and run for cover. I will absolutely admit that a 22 caliber wound CAN be fatal. A BB gun CAN be fatal. I can throw a rock at you and if I hit you in the right spot, it can be fatal. To say that a 22 makes an "effective" self defense weapon is just foolish. The ability to create a fatal wound does not equate to stopping power, which is what's needed in a self defense situation. If you have a 200 lb man hyped on meth coming at you at close range, and you shoot him with a 22, he's going to reach you even if your first shot pierces his heart. I know people who carry a 22 as their primary carry gun, and swear that it's more than enough to do the job. More power to them. Not me.

4. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

End it now. The best caliber is the largest caliber that you can reliably and effectively hit the target with consistently without over-penetration.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

american 180.jpg

As much as I enjoy shooting .22s, THIS is the only one I would CHOOSE as a self defense weapon. It has a 177 rd magazine, is full auto, and has a 3000 round per minute rate of fire.

THAT one slices, dices, and makes mounds of cole slaw!

Attached Files:

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

c3, you have such a wonderful collection of boomsticks. I am truly envious.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ben- do not envy me for the AM-180. I don't have one. Would love to, have shot them a few times, etc. Since the MG registry closed in '86 the price on one went into the stratosphere.

8. hotrodz32

hotrodz32 New Member

Have never seen anything like it c3 absolutely awesome

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Second best option to the AM-180 is the Calico M-110 pistol or the M-100 carbine ;)
    And they still make & sell 'em!!

100 rds per mag of Bugger Off, Bad Guy!! It will absolutely clear the hallway outside yer bedroom door!!
    [​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGJsF4LByY[/ame]