How do you pack your Shotgun Concealed into Dangerous Country?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by sausn2002, Sep 15, 2009.

1. sausn2002

sausn2002 New Member

Hi, all! I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question (perferably those with some experience or insight):

For country that you deem necessary to carry your shotgun with you (not for hunting, except if you decide you have to take out something out of sheer opprotunity), and want to keep it concealed (fully covered), what kind of pack/other do you use? Does it fit in an existing Hiking/other bag?:eek:

^Though I prefer someone to answer the above question, let me ask also how you would pack the shotgun with something that won't necesarily conceal it 100%. I know there are scabbards available, but I also saw a picture of some kind of tube shaped pack with a lid that will fit a Cruiser Shotgun in it (saw this one time on the internet, but don't remember what it's called and where to buy it). The one I saw that was tube shaped looked particualiry good and useful (sorry about the mispelling...I hope I'm ready for College Composition 2, LOL).:cool:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Is it legal to carry a concealed shotgun? You do mean with a concealed carry permit, right?

I've not tried this, but the pole bag from your tent might serve the purpose & should be easy to attach to your backpack.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Are you writing a book?

I can't think of one instance where I would A) Deem a shotgun as necessary and then B) Deem it necessary to conceal same. :rolleyes:

The purpose of a shotgun is many fold, but "concealment" isn't even on the list.

If I need concealed firepower of that size, I am going to carry my .460 Rowland with a couple of hundred rounds...

JD

4. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Le mat pistol would be a good way to conceal a shotgun! just kidding:D

5. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

If .410 counts you could stuff a Taurus Judge in your bag.

6. bkt

bkt New Member

Never felt the need, myself. I suppose appropriate-diameter PVC would do as a "scabbard" but I expect that may fracture a law or two in many areas.

Carry open or don't carry. Unless the S has HTF, in which case all bets are off.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Only time I have felt the need, was doing personal security with a senior officer. He liked to play golf.

Ya know, with a pistol grip, a short barreled shotgun fits into one of those golf bags very nicely.

8. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I believe you're referring to the Mossberg J.I.C (Just In Case)

J.I.C.

[​IMG]

9. sausn2002

sausn2002 New Member

The JIC is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

10. james_black

james_black New Member

I used a guitar case to trasnsport one 12 g mossberg 500 18.5 full stock and a ar15 16" from one side of town to another. Didn't lift any suspicion or never got detained. I highly recommended it.

11. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

Winchester Model 12 w/ an 18" barrel. Break in half and place in knapsack.
    Though I do wonder, if the area that you are going to is so bad that you need a 12Ga., who would care if it is concealed or not?

12. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

The terms "Conceal" and "Shotgun" just don't belong together....:confused:

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A sling on my back.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

15. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

DING DING DING! We've got a winner folks!

The only reason, IMHO, to carry a cannon like a 12-gauge into a city concealed is if you plan on using it. If you feel you need that much protection, then I suggest you move.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Does it look like a backpack? :rolleyes:

Double Rifle Sling for Hunters and Tactical Shooters

[​IMG]

It open, not concealed, comfortable carry and makes my shotty or rifle of choice readily available. I have 2 of these and they are excellent weapon carry slings for hunting and moving quickly through terrain, giving you back the use of your hands, instead of holding a damn sling on your shoulder.

Jack

17. well...yea except the pack part seems to be replaced by a rifle =P =)

18. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Guess many of us is just not understanding the question. If you feel the need to carry a shotgun for protection while hiking, what are you protecting yourself from that a handgun wouldn't do the job of. Second why conceal it??? and from whom or what? I really don't think a large critter is going to care if you have your shotgun concealed or another hiker for that matter. I would only assume you would be trying to conceal it from some kind of law enforcement. Third lets say there was something that you wanted to protect yourself from in the country, wouldn't do you any good if you needed it. Take too long had to unconceal it say from a backpack or tube. Something is stinky and it ain't my shoes.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm thinking one of those Hefty "force flex" trashbags with the drawstrings could be pretty handy. If you snag up, just shoot through the bag.
    ;)

Cough...cough at the dust.