How do you feel about "gun free zones"?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bigbomar4, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I live across the street from a high school and am within the "gun free zone". I have talked with several LOEs recently on unrelated reasons but everyone of them knows were I live and that I have guns. None of these officers have cared about me having a gun in a gun free zone since its on my property. But on that same point i know of several other people in my situation have been put up on charges for the exact same thing including my uncle. Now these were out in california and not in Texas. What do yall think about the "gun free zone"? I think it BS if Im in my home, transporting the fire arm or in my truck its my right to have it.

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I think your situation would make a wonderful case to uncover the unconstitutionality of gun free zones. Of course, you wouldn't have much fun with it. But the rest of us will be appreciative.

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I couldn't agree more. Gun free zones are load of B.S. It's just another way for the government to try to limit firearm possesion.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The gubmint needs to quit screwing with us and create Crime Free zones. :rolleyes:

5. Korey

Korey New Member

I think they are bull****, I would very willingly pay to take a safety course get a license what ever, just to have no gun laws. I'm talking no full auto ban, no gun free zones.... I hate that we need to live in a world where we accommodate for the minority.

6. Korey

Korey New Member

oh and in minority I mean the criminals and stuff like that. Nothing to do with ''minorities'' as a racial term. I mean the people who can't follow the laws or are to stupid to handle firearms.

7. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Good recovery :p

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I believe here in the northwest you are fine as long as the gun is not carried into the school. I sures hell would bat an eye over my guns being in that zone.

9. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

If it comes up I will be glad to help. I do kinda doubt that it will come about here thou. I think as long as I do not go onto the campus with it I will be fine and the pd has no problem with me doing it. With that said if the unthinkable happens and I have to use my gun here at home do yall think the the whole gun free zone thing would hurt me if it went to court or something?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  10. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

You know the sad part? We make laws for the majority of the people to control a minority of people who don't follow the laws in the first place.

11. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Does anyone make a bumper sticker that says that? I completly agree.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

i call em goblins
    -------

laws made to control the behavior of law abiding citizens are morally corrupt and merely ensure true criminals have free pass to rob rape murder.

laws should punish real criminals not demonize the honest.

gfsz are creaed by people with a primitive intellect who actually fear inanimate objects.

more people are killed by organic produce each year than law abiding gun owners.

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

We call them "Criminal Protection Zones". Like those stupid signs you see on bank doors. No Guns Allowed. Do they really think that is going to stop a crime?

14. Car54

Car54 New Member

I respect and like GFZ's as much as I like and respect Nobama...zilch! Dammit, if you can carry a gun, you should be able to carry it anywhere. The darn criminals don't leave theirs in the cars, nor do those who shoot up doctors offices, work places, schools, etc.

Okay Cane, I'm waiting for " tell us how do you really feel". L.O.L.

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

If guns are legal to own in your area no law can extend a ban specifically to your property...the gun free zone ends at your property lines.

Overall I feel they are a waste of time and nothing more than a fell good, nanny state load of BS. No one intent on causing mayhem is going to give a damn about a gun free zone, all they do is announce to the bad guy that no resistance will be encountered and they can do whatever they please. Many of the headline acts of mass murder in the last decade have occurred in so-called gun free zones.

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Any area that is totally gun free is easy pickin's for those who believe what you have is theirs.

Your home is your "castle".

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I wonder if they ever think or attempt to use logic. A gun free zone IS NOT a victim free zone. The only ones who care about having a gun in a gun free zone are people who obey the law, or want to anyway. :mad:

18. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I think "gun free" zones are highly effective. I'm sure THOUSANDS of tragedies have been averted because a criminal thought, "Gee I would love to go in there and shoot me a bunch of people but I can't because I just can't bring a gun into a "gun free" zone. I'm also sure that business owners that post signs that say "No Concealed Firearms Allowed in These Premises" never get robbed too...

The world is run by idiots...

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

20. freefall

freefall New Member

I'm more in to "Free Gun Zones" my ownself.