How do you define "Tactical". ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Feb 3, 2020.

1. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

You slap the word tactical or operator in front of something and you can charge another 25%

If you slap tactical operator in front of something you can charge 30% more

Ghost1958, kfox75, crash11049 and 5 others like this.
  2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

No self respecting "operator" would be caught dead with non "Mil Spec" parts in his AR-15. :p

W.T. Sherman and SRK97 like this.

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

One of my biggest pet peeves is gunshow "tactical knives" that will probably break slicing a loaf of bread. Do people really buy those things?

4. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

alsaqr likes this.
  5. W.T. Sherman

if they didn't, they wouldn't sell them. it has the word "tactical", that's all that is needed

6. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Was it Gecko45?

Ghost1958 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  7. W.T. Sherman

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    alsaqr and crash11049 like this.
  8. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

No. Gecko45 was actually a co-worker of Tamara Keel's (according to her and I believe her) who was trolling the hell out of Glock Talk

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Im not getting the mil-spec joke - Arent mil-spec parts just the basic government minimum standard? Like if I go get a AR with crappy plastic furniture and a fixed front sight thats pretty much "mil-spec"...
    Dont all those "operator" types usually want "custom" parts - giant charging handles, fancy sights, free float handguards, and anti-rotating trigger pins?? :p

kfox75 likes this.
  10. W.T. Sherman

they got you covered "mil spec" "tactical", as long as they can get more money they'll call anything "mil spec" "tactical" [​IMG]

because that's how "operators" roll and will pay more to roll [​IMG]

https://blackrifleworks.com/doubles...-p-538.html?osCsid=r22jd42odb6b3tqln4sa4hdbi0

https://thegunparlor.com/product/tgp-milspec-ar15-extended-charging-handle-223x5-56cal/

11. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

I define tactical as being conducive to some manner of combat tactic or strategy.

bluez likes this.
  12. KITANDTASK

KITANDTASK Member

IS TACTIC THE ROOT WORD OF THE WORD TACTICAL? WHAT TACTIC IS IN THE PLAN? A WEAPON SPECIFICALLY USED FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

A "TACTICAL GUN"....

13. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

GEE, GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! BEEN MISSING THE ALL CAPS THING!! SURE IS NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WHO REFUSES THE SERVITUDE OF THE SHIFT KEY!!

Trunk Monkey likes this.
  14. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

On the web it seems that anyone carrying more than a lcp is labeled as paranoid.

Heaven forbid a person carry a full size pistol, spare mag and a knife .

Personally I dont carry bug out bags, get home bags etc. I'll get home. I wont need a bag to do it.
    I do carry usually a full size pistol, spare mag, folding knife, and most times a BUG but not always.
    I have mostly Jean's with one pair of khaki cargo pants .
    To some that's under prepared. To many its overkill. The overkill opinions usually coming from folks who have never been involved in a truly violent situation.

bluez likes this.
  15. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Gecko45's mall ninja guides were legendary in the online gun community. Gunkid on the other hand not so much.

16. Trunk Monkey

Gun kid was for real. He wasn't trolling and the last I heard he had gone to prison for illegally constructing suppressors and then went back to prison for being a felon in possession

17. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

I heard that he broke into his ex girlfriend's house and messed up her house pretty bad and then stole one of her rifles.

18. Trunk Monkey

According to Wiki (for whatever that's worth) it was her storage.

I used to be a moderator on a forum (long since defunct) where he showed up one night. His posting style is reall distinct. I think we banned him twice before locking out his IP

19. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

The dictionary defines it to be; of or relating to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.
    But the rest of the world says it is a way to add $30 to $100 to the price of anything you may want to buy. LOL

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  20. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

tactical means you paid too much for a varmint rifle
    or you are a "sucker"