How do you celebrate July 4th?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tri70, Jun 23, 2013.

1. tri70

tri70 New Member

How do you celebrate, family cookout, go to the lake, take in a local city display?

We run a firework stand and make a little extra money for a vacation or road trip to see relatives. After the 4th we have a big family and friends cookout with shooting leftover fireworks.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

we go to a lake that does great fireworks and a ring of fire. and then go shooting.. lots of shooting

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Explosions. Lots and lots of big explosions like any good American should

4. tri70

tri70 New Member

Does anyone have any crazy July 4th stories? Explosives and rednecks make a great combination and sometimes get posted to YouTube!

Once we had a bottle rocket fight with my cousin's son and his friends against me and my cousin. They grabbed the wrong bottle rockets, 3 whistle, they pause 3 times before exploding. Not so great trying to shoot across a pond at your foe! We told them we would give them some regular BR but we won't quit shooting at them, they never came across! Lol, good times!

People play pranks on each other by lighting firecrackers under their buddies bedroom window late at night. They lay a lit cigarette on the fuse to give a time delayed ignition.

Another buddy would set off fireworks in the middle of town using the cigarette to delay the light off so he could getaway without the cops noticing.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I was in Fort Smith one year for it and we dropped near 2500 in fireworks. Had 16,000 black cats and good lord knows what else. Needless to say, our show beat the city's. I'll try and find some videos when I get home from work

Attached Files:

6. HankStone

HankStone New Member

My Son and some of my Family will board his boat,go down the Hudson River by the Statue Of Liberty,and watch the New York fireworks display,me I'm staying home,having a BBQ with the Dogs is a good day to me=no confusion.,

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I have low seniority on the Neurological Unit......so will be working 12 hr shifts thru the holiday.......:(. But Holidays pay double time......:)

8. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

This year I'll be near MT. Rushmore.

9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Still breathing on the 5th is ample celebration...! :D

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

In the morning, I plan to read the "Declaration of Independence" and the "Bill of Rights".
    (It's an annual thing for me).

Then have some friends over to burn hamburgers on the grill.

11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I am blessed, beyond all reason, to be able to celebrate July 4th with anywhere from 100 to 125 extended family members, at my cousins property, about 2 1/2 miles from my house.

Mom, brothers, sister, in-laws, nieces & nephews, aunts & uncles, cousins, great aunts & great uncles, neighbors, friends, etc., etc., etc. My cousin always cooks a whole pig & pops for a couple of kegs & soda. Family, friends & neighbors bring covered dishes ( to the tune of a 40 - 50 foot long spread). Live music & fireworks always round out the day/night.

This wonderful spectacle was started by my maternal grand-parents, back before I was born and there was only about a 5 year hiatus between their passing & my cousin, aunt & uncle picking up the torch.

I do not take this family celebration for granted, I cherish every get together, because this too shall pass!

God Bless America!

12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well , way of the Obamination reclassification , that would make you a , Pegan , activist , terrorist , extremest , traitor-est and a bit leudicrast...<---(spell check) ..! ......Eeeek..! :confused:

Personally , I solute you ..! :) Welcome to my planet..! :)

WE THE PEOPLE..................

13. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I fire a few mini balls from my black powder musket, then throw a box of tea in the Harbor, plus wave a 19 cent sparkler for a few minutes, then go to bed.:)

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Be the first time spending the 4th with my daughter. I'm excited.

15. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I live in California so I'll be doing this safe and sane fireworks bah humbug

A sparkler in one hand and a overpriced beer in the other.

Gotta love living in California even restrictions on fireworks

So send a morder in the air for us California's that cannot do it lol

16. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'll launch some big *** bottle rockets for ya!

17. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

My Mom has an empty field behind her house and the city does the fireworks from there. We always have the best seat in town! Of course we'll BBQ and hang out with family. Sadly my parents are moving soon so this will be the last 4th there.... Here's last year's fireworks finale.

[ame]http://youtu.be/iHcXWtkOewg[/ame]

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I plan to drink and set off some of those "artillery shell" fireworks out in the county, not necessarily in that order. (If you get one lit, and the launch tube is down, DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO RESET THE TUBE, RUN, JUST RUN.)

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-reason-for-the-season

My July 4th shirt for this year. Has the Declaration of Independence in the flag.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  19. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Barbecue in the afternoon.
    Close the doors and windows in the evening and listen to the sirens taking folks to the hospital with missing body parts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yep. I love holiday pay. Now that my kids are on their own, I don't mind working the holidays.

That has got to be the longest finale I have ever seen.

That is the truth. And the hospital workers will be earning double time to tend to those who blow themselves up. When I was in 8th grade, one of the boys lost two fingers and was blinded in one eye by fireworks.