How do you carry a 6in barreled 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by danf_fl, Mar 13, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The 6" barreled 1911 (like the ParaOrd Super Hawg) is not a concealable handgun. And I've others for CCW.

I don't like to have the front sight unprotected.

Any Suggestions?

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Google Bob Mernickle

They will build you anything. Won't be cheap but I doubt you'll find anything off the shelf for a 6" longslide. Only thing that comes to mind is the Galco Belt Slide but it's open bottom and will leave your front site exposed.

Good luck

Tack

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I looked around myself for a leather belt holster - All I cud find was nylon :(

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Do we really want to start discussing the practical applications of a 6" 1911 here? Are there lil metal buffalo shapes on the horizon & somebody with a scorecard about?
    ;)
    I'd love to have one.

My GP100 has a shoulder holster, as does the Redhawk hunter model i will be trading my nephew an old honda motorcycle for after tax season. :p

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I too have 1 nice shoulder rig but it's for my 629 .44 Mag and only used when I'm aZz deep in a river Salmon fishing in Bear Country.:eek:

I could not imagine carrying anything in a shoulder rig IF concealment is necessary.

Tack

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I wish you much success in your bear fishing. ;)

8. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

With a good shoulder holster I can conceal a cannon. Under your arm with the right holster a 1911 will just disappear. The only bad thing is a vest or outer garment has to be worn. Best used in cool to cold weather. Depending on where you live in the country it has its limits to the amount of time it can be used. I love them.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Thank you for the responses.
    When toting the dern thing, I probably would be having a jacket of some sort.
    I do not normally look at synthetics.

One would think that the manufacturers would have something in their products. Springfield, ParaOrd, Clark do not have any good leather available for their long slides.