Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if my pistol has a rail or not. Sry don't know much about guns. I have bersa thunder plus 380 and Im looking are lasers and I might buy a rail mount one but I'm not sure If I have a rail or not please help.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Unless there is a model I don't know about, yours doesn't have a rail. I'll double check and get back with pictures of a rail. You may need a laser that mounts to your trigger guard.

I'm not going into the "why should yous" and why shouldn't yous". I don't like that argument.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Watcha need to do is google "guard mount laser" or "trigger guard mount laser".

Also, I'm sure there will be several people stop in to offer advice on the best brands.

Beware, a guard mount laser can make it difficult to find a holster that will fit it. Our members here can also help you around that problem. And, there is a worry of legal implications should the firearm be used in a self defense scenario.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for clearing up that for me. I'm having a hard time finding a laser for $150 and under i found the crimson trace grips but at $250 I'm just not sure if i need them or not

·
Banned
0 Posts
thank you for clearing up that for me. I'm having a hard time finding a laser for $150 and under i found the crimson trace grips but at $250 I'm just not sure if i need them or not
the advantage of the Crimson Trace grips is that you don't have to look for a hard to find holster to fit your pistol because of a front mounted laser. such an advantage does have it's cost.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i found a couple different rear laser sights for glocks around 100 and i was wondering if anyone knew if block sights would be able to fit in my bersa i know i can change my sights and i also know that just because something says its only for one thing that it doesn't always mean that it will only fit what its made for.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Jkustomz28 said:
Check out LaserMax UniMax. I have one and works great. Has a very2 slim and low profile design.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
those seem to be rail mount lasers and from what I've learned in this post i don't have a rail. do you have tis on a bersa?
I hesitate to even mention it but i've seen (on internet only) a type of add on rail system thats magnetic + trigger guard support- was only like 50 bucks -mite be a option :eek:

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Must be a heck of a strong magnet.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
I hesitate to even mention it but i've seen (on internet only) a type of add on rail system thats magnetic + trigger guard support- was only like 50 bucks -mite be a option :eek:
Yeah I've seen one too. It was actually for a gen 2 glock. I was thinking about trying it out but I lost the link when my phone sh!t the bed.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
HOSSFLY said:
Dang Trip- Did it have to be a Glock :( :p
Look man, you know me! I just googled "pistol with rail" and used the first one that came up. I know, I know... Using a GLOCK picture is like ripping a loud fart in a quiet library...

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
trip286 said:
Look man, you know me! I just googled "pistol with rail" and used the first one that came up. I know, I know... Using a GLOCK picture is like ripping a loud fart in a quiet library...
Ahhh lmfao. Couldn't find a 1911 with a rail? Lol

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Here---I'll loan ya this'un :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts