How do i know

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jkustomz28, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

How do I know if my pistol has a rail or not. Sry don't know much about guns. I have bersa thunder plus 380 and Im looking are lasers and I might buy a rail mount one but I'm not sure If I have a rail or not please help.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Unless there is a model I don't know about, yours doesn't have a rail. I'll double check and get back with pictures of a rail. You may need a laser that mounts to your trigger guard.

I'm not going into the "why should yous" and why shouldn't yous". I don't like that argument.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

You don't have a rail. This is a rail, the flat ridged area underneath the barrel.

1_pistols_glock_21sf_45_acp_picatinny_rail_49152.jpg

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Watcha need to do is google "guard mount laser" or "trigger guard mount laser".

Also, I'm sure there will be several people stop in to offer advice on the best brands.

Beware, a guard mount laser can make it difficult to find a holster that will fit it. Our members here can also help you around that problem. And, there is a worry of legal implications should the firearm be used in a self defense scenario.

5. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

thank you for clearing up that for me. I'm having a hard time finding a laser for $150 and under i found the crimson trace grips but at $250 I'm just not sure if i need them or not

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the advantage of the Crimson Trace grips is that you don't have to look for a hard to find holster to fit your pistol because of a front mounted laser. such an advantage does have it's cost.

7. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

also i found a couple different rear laser sights for glocks around 100 and i was wondering if anyone knew if block sights would be able to fit in my bersa i know i can change my sights and i also know that just because something says its only for one thing that it doesn't always mean that it will only fit what its made for.

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Check out LaserMax UniMax. I have one and works great. Has a very2 slim and low profile design.

9. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

those seem to be rail mount lasers and from what I've learned in this post i don't have a rail. do you have tis on a bersa?

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Oops sorry. I must have missed that.

11. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

That's OK. I was kinda hoping that u figured out how to make a rail mount laser fit on a non rail mount gun.

12. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Your other solution would be to get a second gun, don't think anyone here would argue that one lol

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dang Trip- Did it have to be a Glock :( :p

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I hesitate to even mention it but i've seen (on internet only) a type of add on rail system thats magnetic + trigger guard support- was only like 50 bucks -mite be a option :eek:

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Must be a heck of a strong magnet.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I've seen one too. It was actually for a gen 2 glock. I was thinking about trying it out but I lost the link when my phone sh!t the bed.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Look man, you know me! I just googled "pistol with rail" and used the first one that came up. I know, I know... Using a GLOCK picture is like ripping a loud fart in a quiet library...

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ahhh lmfao. Couldn't find a 1911 with a rail? Lol

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Here---I'll loan ya this'un :D

[​IMG]

20. Jkustomz28

Jkustomz28 New Member

With a baby on the way my wife may argue with that one lol