Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to share a 12 page Booklet called "Remodeling the 03A3 Springfield" originally published in "The American Rifleman" an NRA publication back in 1957. I recently found this as well as (3) original DD 1149-3 Military Requisition receipts for the Purchase and transfer of ownership of (2) M1903A3' one of which was a Remington Factory conversion to an A4 both of which I have in my possession and (1) Pistol while painfully going through my fathers (RIP) personal belongings from his room here at my house following his death Nov 2011.

OK back on point here. The files I want to upload to my post are to large to upload. How can I go about posting it? I even tried to post a single page at a time but still to large. I thought to maybe do a url link to the file on my computer but don't know if possible and even if I wouldn't know where to start to do it. I'd like to share with the boys and girls here on the forum a small piece of NRA literature history by posting the Guide, I believe others like myself would find it to be a fun piece to read.

Let me know how and I will post it ASAP.

Thanks Les

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Welcome to FTF. I'm going to report your post to make sure you get an answer from the moderators. I'm very interested in your input. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know right. I now own 2 thanks to dad (RIP). One is full on "As Issued" Original parts but is missing the Strap, Scope, Cleaning kit & Bayonet. The other is converted to a Sporter Deluxe all Blued, Chromed and the stock carved down or replaced making a nice looking rifle. I have pics posted here on the forum in the Remington Album if you'd care to see. Myself, I'd prefer having both in "As Issued" Military condition but I for sure am not complaining about the wonderful pieces of history bestowed upon me do to my fathers (RIP Dad) passing.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
for sharing very large files you will need to use a file storage service such as imagedump or something similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not sure how to use the online storage services you mention but will look into it. I do have online storage I use for my Company Financials and such as backup through a company called Memeo so maybe where I should look first I suppose. If I became a paid member that would increase my file up my upload size to what size? I mean I'm not trying to upload a novel it's just a 12 page pamphlet with some pictures to reference the steps to.

Thanks again..........Les

P.S. Like your gun control quote you have as a footer in your Sig...It would seem to be the type of Theory they use regularly when trying to implement changes in the already out of control laws placed on firearms. How any rationally thinking human can look at any type of gun control and feel it's the cure for violent crimes involving firearms is beyond me. Gun control affects ONLY LAW ABIDING Tax paying citizens, doesn't negatively affect the criminal element of society one bit, if anything for each new gun law put on the books it becomes that much more unlikely they'll be confronted with a gun stuck in their face by the victim they are perpetrating the crime against. Does anyone up on the hill have the ability of an individual thought? I suppose not....Just shut up and follow the Money. Do your time, get your outrageous retirement package your entitled to draw even after only serving one term and be on your marry way and without producing a single piece of legislature or even a damn thought for that matter that could contribute to a better way of life for the general public. In the real world ya don't do ya job your Fired!!! Shouldn't be any different for politicians, maybe if there was some chance of getting fired they might make an effort to do the job they were voted in to do. Sorry, I digress....Sorta went on a rambling spree for a moment.....

Have a great day

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
You should consider becomming a supporting member so you can access the politics thread etc. I think you will be a nice addition to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts