how did you get your user name?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by barneygoogle, Apr 25, 2012.

1. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

I know C3Shooter blows $hit up but how did you get your name and what does it signify?
    Mine is Barney Google. It means Rocket-Propelled Train Banglore Torpedo. We used it for various things like clearing mine fields for one. I did demolition in the service and as a civil engineer.

What does yours signify?

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I joined looking for info on restoring my new myosin nagant, hence mosin. I ended up liking the forum and sticking around. I might change my name one day.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'm a woodworker, and I'm from Texas. :D

4. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I like to play with dead bodies :D

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

C3 came from military- Command, Control, Communicate- and I am (and was) a shooter. By that I mean an Infantryman.

6. hotrod1016

hotrod1016 New Member

My dad gave me mine because i have been addicted to tinkering on cars to make them run better and faster. My favorite is my hotrod 1957 Volkswagen beetle. Runs about a 12 sec 1/8 mile.

7. BallisticSurgeon

BallisticSurgeon New Member

I was a sniper in the Army and a few of us started calling ourselves Ballistic Surgeons.

8. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

I live and grew up in Chicago, one of the cities where firearms were illegal for almost 30 years and are now a privilege for the few that can afford it (price & time). I don't know how long I'll be staying in Chicago but my name stands for two things: there's no freedom without the 2nd Amendment & the 2nd Amendment needs to be "freed" (anti-gun agenda).

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Just because they do.

10. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

Everyone always calls me princess for some reason. But I'm a diesel mechanic and I rock so it's Cinderocka not Cinderella. And I was born in 1989.

11. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I started out as an automotive painter (hence my avatar wearing a respirator), now I paint multimillion dollar construction equipment (if you're familiar with the trapped miners from Chile in 2010, my company built the machines that found and dug them out).
    But apparently I am very good and fast and my job. One day a coworker came to me and said I move so fast in the paint booth, I look like a ninja. Plus the protective equipment I have to wear looks kinda ninja-ish.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

My first rifle was a browning, and i hunt, and born in 1994

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Having worked around inmates for so long and working the streets, im usually always addressed as Mr Wray by people.

And its an easy user name

14. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I got the nickname Sputnik in high school, we were watching the movie October Sky in science class, I made a stupid comment and someone called me Sputnik. It only stuck with 2 people and one of them actually still calls me that rather than use my name.... 7 years later.

I don't mind it, it sure helps out when you need to pick a username.:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  15. Eddy_J

Eddy_J New Member

Eddy is just short for my last name Edwards and the J is for James. Eddy J. is a nickname given to me by the best buddy's a man can ask for =)

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If anyone called me "Princess" I would put a stop to that immediately. :mad:

17. kaido

kaido New Member

I could of sworn there was a thread like this one already?

Anyways, it seems all of the user names that I like and try for always seem to be taken, no matter how stupid/immature I attempt to go with. Now I just go with Kaido which is the last five letters of my first name.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

19. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Rigjumpr= Rig (oil and gas type) jumpr, going from one Rig to another this time jumped all the way to Russia, Siberia to be exact.

20. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Curious to know what type of rigs you're on. Stationary rigs or mobile?