How can these people be so stupid?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

How can these people be so stupid?

They let a 4 year old get hold of a loaded gun.

Girl, 2, Dies After Being Shot by Brother, 4, in Las Vegas Home - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Girl, 2, Dies After Being Shot by Brother, 4, in Las Vegas Home
    Monday, July 27, 2009

LAS VEGAS — Authorities say a toddler has died after being shot by her 4-year-old brother at their Las Vegas home last week.

The Clark County Coroner's office says 2-year-old Elizabeth Zeferina Serrano died Sunday at University Medical Center. No cause was immediately released. The case remains under investigation.

Las Vegas police say the girl was taken to a hospital before police were called about 8:30 p.m. Thursday to a house west of the Las Vegas Strip.

Police say the 4-year-old boy was handling a loaded 9mm handgun when it fired, striking the girl in the torso.

Investigators say the father was home at the time, but the weapon was not properly secured. No charges have been filed.

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

That ignorance right there is reason enough for me to not even respond with my opinion.

jack

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hey-Zues Effing Cristo!!

How many of these senseless "incidents" do we have to have before people wake up.

NEWS FLASH!! Kids like guns. They see them all the time on TV. They see them all the time in cartoons. If you don't teach them early, they are going to try and educate themselves and you have tragedies like this.

Oh, and it's a 9mm death - AGAIN! And does anybody want to take a wild assed guess as to what manufacturer's name is on the pistol??

I am betting it wasn't a revolver manufactured by the original Colt Company. :rolleyes:

I firmly believe that not EVERYONE should have a gun in their house. They should have a Right to one, but they really need to exercise some common God Damn sense.

If you can't remember where you parked your car, or where your keys are, or if you stopped to get 4 things on the way home from the store and can only remember two of them, just give it a LITTLE MORE consideration before you buy, load and leave unattended, a FIREARM in your house - you stupid moron!! :mad:

4. layton

layton New Member

So true.Another for the gun control to dance in the street.

Layton

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That truly is a terrible story. I'm sure the parents are heartbroken over the event but honestly. MORON! I don't even have kids and loaded weapons aren't accessable to a 4 year old. All this does is give people more ammo against guns and gun rights.

6. Persuasive

Persuasive New Member

When does the ignorance stop. Kids can pick up a gun and kill, but probably can't break into a Winchester Safe. LOCK IT UP!!!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Sad, very sad. I don't have kids, but i keep any loaded firearms put up high or out-of-sight. If i had a kid or kids around the house, i'd keep the only loaded gun ON me at all times. I hope the boy isn't totally messed up, psychologically.

8. spittinfire

I wonder if the boy even understands what has just happen. Over the next few years as he begins to understand there will probably be a need for some serious counciling. Poor little guy is off to a rough start.

9. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Because these parents are f'ing stupid. Plain and simple............markerdown

10. caniswalensis

caniswalensis New Member

Very sad story.

This may not be a popular view, but I am in favor of punishing parents that allow their children to come to harm by being negligent.

Unsecured firearms, lack of safety restraints in motor vehicles, and less commonly, denial of proper medical treatment are some examples of areas were parants fail to fulfilltheir responsibility.

Many people have said to me that the loss of the child and the guilt is punishmant enough, but I don't buy it.

Canis

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

All I can say is the boy needs to be removed from the home NOW. if they aren't smart enough to put up a gun and lock it up hell even a dam trigger lock would be better than nothing you stupid dumb azz.

It is amazing, I think we needs a nation common sense test before ALLOWING people to breed along with an IQ test you score to low and bang we cut your nuts off or take your ovaries out.

12. spittinfire

I have to disagree with that. I belive it was in PA where a child has a cancer and the mother wanted to see natural medicine, the state forced her and the child to seek medical assistance. That's not the states choice, it's the parents. The government has no business telling me how to raise my kids, if they need a car seat or not and what kind of medicine they need.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

That's a tough call spittinfire. On the one hand, i don't think the feds need to be interfering with parents rearing their children. On the other hand, i've known some deeply stupid people who really weren't equipped to raise their kids. Some people would be better off without kids & some kids would be better off with more qualified parents; i will agree that i don't think the government is the best entity to determine parental fitness, though.

14. caniswalensis

caniswalensis New Member

I agree with you in principle, but car seats are a pretty basic safety requirement. I don't care if an adult wants to not wear his seat belt, but the kid should be kept safe. If they want to not wear a seat belt later, when they are grown up and understand the risk, that's fine.

The medical stuff is less clear cut. I am open to some lattitude for the parent making personal choices. I think that there should be actual evidence that supports the methods though. There are a lot of quack alternative maedicines out there. However, if the parent is getting effective treatment and that is backed up by scientific data, I do not see a problem with also using complimentary treatments.

Honestly, I was thinking more of the extremist religious types that deny thier kids blood transfusion or antibiotics and let them die from easily cured things like infections.

Canis

15. markerdown

markerdown New Member

When all is said and done, bottom line is incidents like this are just plain bad publicity for all gun owners, upstanding and idiots.

Here in LV, we've had a rash of weapon/child related incidents in the past two weeks. ............ markerdown

16. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Here is a good example of that. A mother cut off her newborns head and ate the brain.

Mother Accused of Beheading Infant at Devil's Request Ate Brain, Police Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

What is wrong with the world??????????

17. DADDYTATTOOED

DADDYTATTOOED New Member

the story on forced medicine became an issue because they had given the child chemotherapy and he was improving and the parents were counceled (i think by a preist) to use an alternative methode that was obviously not helping and the parents still refused to go back to chemo so at that point the courts got in the middle. when you know that your methods arent working and others do work and you still deny them your neglecting your children, the parents are lucky their child was not removed from thier home.

as far as the other story goes i saw on the news a while back that they were trying to hammer a guy because he posted a video on youtube that showed how his 8 year old son was eisily able to break a trigger lock, his point was that kids can easily find a way to break through any security put in place simply by googleing the right things and that the only real security was education. they said people like him were helping kids figure it out and his answer was that he didnt know how to do it but it wasnt hard for him to find out how. the point i'm making is that ingnorance breeds ignorance and regardless of situation and excuses if the people are educated or if to young to instruct on proper use at least tought to stay away until old enough to really be educated.

i grew up in southern california and i never held a gun or fired one, but i was told over and over again by family members that had them that if i ever showed it to anyone or touched it that i get my faced kicked in or something along those lines and guess what i left the damn thing alone, when i got older they showed me a little of the mechanics but i never had a use for it so i never shot it but i still knew what to do if i had or was around a gun (like not looking down the barrel or pointing it at someone)

18. spittinfire

19. wsearfoss

wsearfoss New Member

It is so unfortunate that this dad’s child had to pay the price of his stupidity. STUPID people like this give gun owners a bad name period. My firearms unless on my hip are secured.

I believe that when we make fire arms EVIL or taboo we make them attractive to adolescents and kids. That is why my kids have been firing guns since they could hold them in their hand, WITH my supervision and teaching them safety while shooting.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Nauseating. That girl doesn't need to have access to any kids, ever again, until they put her down or away.