How can I tell what year my gun and night sights were made?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by EMTchad, Aug 17, 2011.

1. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Hello gentlemen, how can one tell when his gun was actually made? I purchased my sa1911 loaded about a month ago and they said it was brand new, but they display all their new guns on the glass. And how can i tell how old the night sights are?

2. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Chad,
    You would just need to contact Springfield & give them the Serial # of your gun. They will be able to tell you the date of manufacture. Here is Terry Bower's @ Springfield's email address (he is with the Dealer Assistance Team - so not sure if he is the exact person that could give you the info - but he can tell you who can if not):

terryb@springfield-armory.com

Thanks,
    Bart

3. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Thank you Bart!!! I will do that tomorrow :D

4. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Also, meant to ask you if you used your Loaded coupon to order any accessories from Springfield? It's a great deal (discounted prices). I used mine to order like 5 extra mags & a range bag - but there are other things that you can order too.

5. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

I actually didnt use any of it, still have them. I use better mags like elite Wilson combats hehe. Maybe I'll grab a bag!

6. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Mine was made at the end of 2010! :). I also said my night sights seem dim and they said they will pay for the shipping to change it!!! Pay for the shipping!?