Firearms Talk banner

How Bout You Light Me Up A SIG?

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  triggernick 
#1 · (Edited)
how come there is not a "SIG" forum? IMO they feel terrific in the hand, and the DA/SAs triggers are HARD to beat.

See less See more
#3 ·
So, I'd like you to tell me just why, every other gun I sell only goes up in value later on in a private sale EXCEPT Sig??

Something really special about a gun that resembles a car when it is sold:mad:
If you don't like Sigs that's fine as we all have our favorites - but blanket statements such as this are pure BS. No used guns really appreciate unless you stumble on a special deal or stiff a noob.

As for the OPs question, can't have a special section for everything...

#4 ·
If you don't like Sigs that's fine as we all have our favorites - but blanket statements such as this are pure BS. No used guns really appreciate unless you stumble on a special deal or stiff a noob.

As for the OPs question, can't have a special section for everything...
I do not dislike Sig Sauer,
And you are very wrong, here in Arizona Every gun I sell my customer will go up in value (private sale) except your Favorite.

#5 · (Edited)
And you are very wrong, here in Arizona Every gun I sell my customer will go up in value (private sale) except your Favorite.
So let me get this straight. You sell a gun for say $299 and then the person that buys the gun at your shop (I assume you have a shop as you use the word customer) turns around and sells the gun for more than they paid? Why wouldn't everyone just buy the gun for $299 at your shop?

Something sounds really, really fishy about this to me. Maybe your customers are selling guns to folks that can't buy them in a shop - yeah, I'd post that on the internet for all to see. It also appears that you know your customers are selling guns at a profit, I guess straw purchases aren't a problem in Arizona...

#6 ·
Now now gentlemen.

For the record I recently purchased a Kel-Tec P-11 in my area for $275 (private sale). They retail for $250-325 new in my area. The KT was in like new condition, maybe 50 rnds through it and it had everything it came with.

But why pay that much? Because supply here in Central Ohio sucks when it comes to KT. The all the LGS's that sell them cant even wager a guess at when they will get them in (except the PF-9, easy to find). So your answer is a mixture of the "Instant gratification bug" and supply vs. demand.

On the other hand, many agencies here use Glock's and Sig's, so they are easy to find. As a result they are typically found at or below market value.

Just my .02

#7 · (Edited)
I like Sig and if you have a good deal on a 239, please let me know.

As mentioned, it is probably more of a supply and demand thing. They are great guns IMHO but are they $200-$300 more than the new generation of pistols to most buyers? Maybe that is also part of the equation.

#8 ·
I think Sigs are good guns, but we can't have a forum for every gun. Besides, a CZ forum is next on the list. Get in line!! :D

#9 ·
What?! :confused::confused:

How will "Every gun" you sell in Arizona go UP in value? Are you running a shop where you are pricing well below MSRP? And if, why are you not advertising your prices here, you would probably triple your business.

There are only a couple of things that are going to make a used weapon go UP in value.

Either it has a serious back story (I.E. used to belong to Wyatt Earp, was used by Jeff Cooper at Class 001 Gunsite instruction, something like that).

It was a first run, blemished, limited production or similar that no one knew about at the time of intial purchase and thus rare NOW when it was not rare when initially purchased.

Or it's being sold to someone who can not legally attain access to said weapon, in which case the Law of Supply & Demand comes into play.

Please explain this "Arizona Gun Buying Phenomenon". :eek::confused:

#10 ·
PS - Sigs are great guns, but they don't have as much penetration into the market as the other weapons that do have sub-forums would be my guess.

If you would like the site admin is notdku. Send him a PM and he might set you up a Sig Sub Category just for asking. ;)

#11 ·
thanks guys, i was feeling kinda left out. Glock's are gettin love, 1911's (even though they're all makes and models) are gettin love, and even the XD's are gettin love.................just had my lip pooched out. LOL

they are high dollar, but you get what you pay for right? that's always been my motto. i know there are a lot of quality pistols out there for cheaper, but it felt really REALLY good when i held it, and it shot like a dream right outta the box.

#12 ·
So let me get this straight. You sell a gun for say $299 and then the person that buys the gun at your shop (I assume you have a shop as you use the word customer) turns around and sells the gun for more than they paid? Why wouldn't everyone just buy the gun for $299 at your shop?

Something sounds really, really fishy about this to me. Maybe your customers are selling guns to folks that can't buy them in a shop - yeah, I'd post that on the internet for all to see. It also appears that you know your customers are selling guns at a profit, I guess straw purchases aren't a problem in Arizona...

No Fish,
I sell guns for revenge, profit is of course made, but very little. It is unfortunate for the rest of the dealers in the gun show, but fortunately for them I don't do most of the gun shows. Since Arizona is a Free State considering gun ownership, there has become a split way of thinking by many folks who are paranoid of our magical gov't. These folks want to stay under the radar, and therefore they do not purchase guns from licensed dealers, only second-hand from a private sale. To an FFL like myself the idea seems laughable, but nevertheless it is true. So, at every gunshow that I go to, huge crowds form in front of my tables, in fact even when some poor sap has a table across from mine, going out of business maybe with even lower prices
than mine, he will never be noticed due to the crowd mentality that is taking place in front of my setup. As I say at the shows, I am a Locksmith and I already got paid this week. Anyhow my original point still is that for most every gun I see sold at my tables, there is a guy (or many) with a sign selling the exact same gun for at least $50 to $200 higher than my own price on a Brand New Gun of the exact same model. I have been selling in this way now since May 06, when I received my first FFL. And, the only gun that I have seen losing value is: Sig Sauer
Sorry if it makes you feel bad, maybe in your less gun free state people feel differently, but here in Arizona Sig Sauer is a Loser Dollerwise.
Personally, though I have never had a Sig in my collection, I always thought they were a fine quality firearm. I can only speak of what I see & experience though.

#13 ·
^Ummmm OK....what revenge are you talking about? Actually, just what are you talking about in general. Crowd mentality, something about a Locksmith, guys selling at lower prices than you being ignored, SIGS are the only gun loosing value, etc. I'm super confused now.

OP: I would like a SIG forum too :)

#16 ·
sigs are fine guns ive had two got one left i wont part with. i think they are a little over priced but thats due more to importation issues.

sigs hold value just as well as any other used gun. the p226 9mm i sold a few months ago went for 95% of the blue book value. did i lose money on it?? nope i had my fun with it and got back a good bit of money and bought 2 other handguns for the price of the sig.

but generally i dont buy a gun with resale in mind. i buy them because i wanted em. maybe i like em maybe not. if i dont i end up selling it and getting something else.

#18 ·
No Fish,
I sell guns for revenge, profit is of course made, but very little. It is unfortunate for the rest of the dealers in the gun show, but fortunately for them I don't do most of the gun shows. Since Arizona is a Free State considering gun ownership, there has become a split way of thinking by many folks who are paranoid of our magical gov't. These folks want to stay under the radar, and therefore they do not purchase guns from licensed dealers, only second-hand from a private sale. To an FFL like myself the idea seems laughable, but nevertheless it is true. So, at every gunshow that I go to, huge crowds form in front of my tables, in fact even when some poor sap has a table across from mine, going out of business maybe with even lower prices
than mine, he will never be noticed due to the crowd mentality that is taking place in front of my setup. As I say at the shows, I am a Locksmith and I already got paid this week. Anyhow my original point still is that for most every gun I see sold at my tables, there is a guy (or many) with a sign selling the exact same gun for at least $50 to $200 higher than my own price on a Brand New Gun of the exact same model. I have been selling in this way now since May 06, when I received my first FFL. And, the only gun that I have seen losing value is: Sig Sauer
Sorry if it makes you feel bad, maybe in your less gun free state people feel differently, but here in Arizona Sig Sauer is a Loser Dollerwise.
Personally, though I have never had a Sig in my collection, I always thought they were a fine quality firearm. I can only speak of what I see & experience though.
The jest I'm getting is you have a FFL then go to gun shows and sell as private party? I don't know what the whole "revenge" thing is about and honestly would prefer you don't express it.

#19 ·
Revenge Bill? Really, WTH?

#21 ·
Revenge Bill? Really, WTH?
From 1990 to 2005 I was Delayed every time I tried to buy a gun for No Reason.
In 2005 for no reason I was Denied the right to own a gun. As a matter of fact almost 8,000 people were Denied the right to own a gun in 2009 For No Reason.
I suppose for folks who don't have that problem it is no trouble. I found it very unnerving that my own government should one day tell me that- "No I may Not buy a gun", In Fact if I even owned a gun & they came out to visit me Whilst I was Denied, they would, using a chop saw Destroy every gun I own. Unless of course my gun collection were valued above $100,000. Did I take it personally- You Better Believe I Do, it was aimed at Me & that makes it Personal. As a matter of fact the ATF was just out to examine my business for the Third Year in a row. Know any other FFL's who see The ATF Every Year? I Don't. I know some of you guys don't like me, doesn't bother me a bit. Tell you what bothers me & that is the overabundance of Government Control. Local, State & Federal, just seems like 3 times too much. Anyhow I got ahead of myself. I did pass a full background test from the FBI in 2005, a couple of weeks later I had the Marshall's signature (CLEO) on my first FFL & I was gonna sell guns, lots of guns as cheap as I could.
Mr & Mrs America will then have the tool they need to fix this ailing gov't & nothing will make me happier than that.

#22 ·
Very nice looking gun. I dig the light.
my younger brother worked for a SureFire distributor in eastern Florida, and he GAVE me one (with a full box of SureFire CR123 batteries) to put on my pistol. LOVE my lil bro!

DA/SA. Not a fan.
Hate the DA
Love the SA

Reason I. Haven't purchased a sig.
that's quite alright, but if you get the chance to shoot the P226 like mine, give it an honest try............after the initial DA shot, the SA will be so easy, it'll almost scare you when it goes off.

#23 ·
From 1990 to 2005 I was Delayed every time I tried to buy a gun for No Reason.
In 2005 for no reason I was Denied the right to own a gun. As a matter of fact almost 8,000 people were Denied the right to own a gun in 2009 For No Reason.
I suppose for folks who don't have that problem it is no trouble. I found it very unnerving that my own government should one day tell me that- "No I may Not buy a gun", In Fact if I even owned a gun & they came out to visit me Whilst I was Denied, they would, using a chop saw Destroy every gun I own. Unless of course my gun collection were valued above $100,000. Did I take it personally- You Better Believe I Do, it was aimed at Me & that makes it Personal. As a matter of fact the ATF was just out to examine my business for the Third Year in a row. Know any other FFL's who see The ATF Every Year? I Don't. I know some of you guys don't like me, doesn't bother me a bit. Tell you what bothers me & that is the overabundance of Government Control. Local, State & Federal, just seems like 3 times too much. Anyhow I got ahead of myself. I did pass a full background test from the FBI in 2005, a couple of weeks later I had the Marshall's signature (CLEO) on my first FFL & I was gonna sell guns, lots of guns as cheap as I could.
Mr & Mrs America will then have the tool they need to fix this ailing gov't & nothing will make me happier than that.
i agree with you, but maybe the actions that you described earlier were/are suspicious to them; as suspect to a few on this post? those that don't need firearms, SHOULDN'T GET FIREARMS. i'm just sayin..........and that's what the 4473 is supposed to be for.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
i agree with you, but maybe the actions that you described earlier were/are suspicious to them; as suspect to a few on this post? those that don't need firearms, SHOULDN'T GET FIREARMS. i'm just sayin..........and that's what the 4473 is supposed to be for.

Well then Maybe when a flight instructer at Deer Valley Airport in Arizona is teaching a class & three of his students don't seem interested in landing an aircraft, only in flying it into a building=- Maybe when that teacher calls the useless FBI and asks for some help then MAYBE you won't need to actually see what 911 is all about! Just sayin' Heh Heh. It wasn't the first notification the FBI had that was less important than hassling me tho, was it.
Those guys did whatever they wanted, betcha they were smart enough to steal items they needed, not be all stupid like me and just try to buy a gun-DUH

#25 · (Edited)
billdesertshills, you have some serious anger issues and based on your posts I for one hope BATFE keeps you under a high powered microscope - permanently. Your rants are exactly the kind of ammunition the gun haters look for to be able to paint us all as right-wing extremists and kooks.

I certainly hope the gun haters that peruse this forum, and they do peruse forums such as ours, don't paint us all with the same brush. Whether you see it or understand it, posting about selling guns for revenge against the government is exactly what the anti's need to further their cause so you are hurting us and not helping us. Just based on what you wrote in this thread, a liberal newspaper could honestly carry a headline such as "AZ gun dealer dumps guns for revenge". Doesn't matter if anything in the story is true - the damage would be done. Ignore mode is now on...

#26 ·
Personally, i feel that the 4473 is an infringement upon my firearms rights, but i understand that i don't have the "gold" or make the rules. I have zero problem with anyone who makes a legal, person-to-person sale of a firearm, or a bunch of legal, person-to-person sales. I do however, try to avoid drawing attention to myself from the overseers, whenever possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.