How Big Are We?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And what is JD always on about us having "Lurkers" and unregistered members stopping by to read our posts???

Google+Firearms Forums

Google+Gun Forums

Notice how near the top we are?? Where do you think the LEFT goes when they want to check us out? Probably to Google like the rest of the planet does.

Just to put how high profile we officially are in prospective ladies and gents. :rolleyes:

*props to cpttango30 for sharing this utmost useful tool with me*

JD

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

God knows what some of those lurkers are looking for, too.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I'm honored and privileged to be associated with this forum. You people are all numero ono in my book. Looking forward to a face to face someday. Joe

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It is the responibility of each member to act responsibly so the Anti's do not get any ammo to use against us. When they fire their shots, they should have to use made up BS, not actual quotes from "our" site.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Here's a quote for their little closed minds: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

This is absolutely correct, HOWEVER, guns sure make it a lot EASIER!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I think a more accurate term is that it makes it less personal. Having to take a crowbar, or a kitchen knife, to someone is putting yourself inside the space of the victim. That makes it more personal and not as many people have that ability to continue with their intended action time and again when they are forced to "confront" the victim face to face in the same space.

A firearm removes you from that equation. The same could be said of a crossbow or a bow & arrow, but no one is practicing those skills today....

JD

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Who doesn't practice with a crossbow or bow? Anyone else here bow hunt? Buddy of mine took a sweet 8 point with a crossbow last year.
    I understand your point thought...guns are easier, more people have them and use them.

9. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Although, archery equipment is quieter. SWOOSH

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't think that is where JD was going with that.

What he was saying was that not many people are going to be doing drive by bow and arrow shootings now days.

I can't stand cross bows. They should be limited to handicapped shooters only. That is just me because I know a few people that lost a lot of live stock to poachers with crossbows.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Exactly! It's no longer the weapon of choice, so no one is practicing to take out some fools with a longbow.

I realize a lot of people still bow hunt, but they are, usually, respectful hunters who enjoy the "challenge" of stalking their prey and eating what they shoot. They aren't running up into a mall and flinging arrows across the damn food court....:rolleyes:

JD

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

J.D...."They aren't running up into a mall and flinging arrows across the damn food court....:rolleyes:"

I always enjoy a great line. :D I also enjoy masterful thread drift. :D

But, getting back to the lurkers, I have gotten to a point where I no longer find it worthwhile to debate hoplophobes. The Brady gang and their ilk are positively cult like in their beliefs. I don't have any interest in de-programming them.

I will continue to do my best as a responsible and civil firearms owner, a steward of the Second Amendment.

To the gun banners, fear mongers, hoplophobes and Marxists attempting to disarm the People, I say: MOLON LABE!

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The fact that there are thousands more firearms and bow owners that are law abiding than there are murderous whack jobs. A sociopath will still be a sociopath even if the gun had never been invented.

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

14. Chester

Chester New Member

Cars make it easy to drive drunk also.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I love crossbows. Mainly because I'm left handed and I can barely see out of my left eye. I shoot rightie, but drawing a bow rightie us tough, especially when it is cold.

I live in farm country (and hills), and I've never heard of someone losing livestock due to poachers with crossbows. Maybe the guys you know have bad neghbors. Has to be small stock, because I have my doubts about a crossbow throwing a bolt with enough energy to drop a cow.