How are things

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by rckclimber380, May 4, 2013.

1. rckclimber380

rckclimber380 New Member

Hey guys I'm in Afghanistan until November. Are the prices and stock getting any better. Long story short my soon to be x wife sold my larue so I'm going to be in the market for a new rifle when I get back

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thinks are starting to turn around a little bit. Just be patient when you get back, and shop the brick and mortar stores.

Used to be, you'd buy from a private seller and save a little money. Now, it's your local Mom and Pop stores offering the better prices in most cases. Private Sellers still think their **** is made of gold, with $1500 carbon 15's everywhere and 200 bricks of .22 ammo. Find a store that still has reasonable prices, and make friends with the manager.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

She what?! That is certainly cause to divorce her. Things are getting better, slowly. Locally, GT Distributors just filled a large order of Colt rifles. Order placed in February.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Nothing disgusts me more than a woman that turns her back on a soldier while he is overseas.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

You gave your wife access to your personal gunsafe????!!!!!!???? are you crazed??????

i wouldnt buy anything else especially pricey firearms other than basic living items until you can offload her.

6. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Can't find ammo but local shops are starting to have a little more in stock as far as guns. Did she at least get a decent price? That's a nice rifle.

7. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

I always put my receipts in the safe also so that the missus cant check how much I paid for them. If she only knew that quality Scopes cost more than £30 :-D

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Nice move, I'm gonna add this to my playbook. :D

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Thanks for your service!

Honestly, I would just wait for prices to normalize a bit more. Just wait till you come back, its still what like 6 months away.

Prices have been dropping but they are still a couple hundred over pre Sandy Hook.

New Models are coming out all the time, just take your time and look around, maybe buy it when you come back or just a couple weeks before you're back so you can have a bright shiny and new baby waiting for you by your bedside.

10. lwhite

lwhite New Member

Ammo and guns have both been coming back slowly but surely in my area. I have a LGS who has plentiful ar's at very fair prices. Almost pre sandy hook prices. Things seem to be getting better slowly.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

+1 Unless another mass shooting like Sandy Hook, prices and availability should be better in Nov.

12. rckclimber380

rckclimber380 New Member

That's the worst part I don't know what she sold all my guns for I haven't seen a dime and my bank accnt is wiped but he is cut off now

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Same here. I feel confident I could get most of what I might want. As far as guns go. Ammo is still very questionable. Either fleeting at best at Walmart, or pricier at the LGS.