How are the HK handguns?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by KalashnikovBlood, Mar 12, 2012.

1. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Have been looking at a USP45 for a while now. I was wondering what the pros and cons are. Does anyone have experience with them?

Spetsnaz for Life

2. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I've heard good things about them I've never shot them myself. I know one con is the price.

3. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

They are German, good quality pistols.
    I have owned a full sized 40 USP and a P2000sk both great pistol and never had an issue with either. I no longer own these as I have gone the way of the Sig.

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

They are good pistols if you don't kind paying too much for what they are (in my opinion)...I'd just go Sig

5. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

HK .45 is a excellent weapons platform. I carry a USP .40 as my every day carry. I have put mine through a lot, fed it crap ammo, thousands of rounds with no problems whatsoever. The only pistol that would be close in comparison would be the sig, but I prefer the HK, but that's just my opinion.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

First and foremost, they are expensive. They are in fact overpriced in my opinion. They're also very good guns.

I don't like the way most fit my hands, although the P30 does offer great ergonomics. But Springfield's XDm is my tacticool/spendy tupperware of choice.

There are plenty of loyal HK fans out there...for good reason, I'd imagine.

7. Morgo

Morgo New Member

High price, costly parts & lousy customer service most of the time.

Otherwise your buying a high quality, reliable and accurate handgun.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've shot a few HKs over the years and they've been impressive. Never bought one though, just too expensive especially since there are so many excellent alternatives.

9. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

[QUOTE="sweeper 22.
    They are in fact overpriced in my opinion. [/QUOTE]

They are expensive, fact.
    Overprices, opinion.
    Facts and opinion cannot be the same thing.
    Although I get what you were saying, , just that sentence struck me as funny.

10. jyo

jyo New Member

I have aquired several HK pistols over the years, including a USPf 45---I have a funny feeling with this gun---I can't seem to miss with it! A shooting buddy watched me hit a variety of metal targets at different ranges and asked where was it sighted-in for---I told him it just seems to hit everywhere I point it! You gotta like a gun like that...

11. Uptown_General_Roc

Uptown_General_Roc New Member

Yeah that must been fun hit N every thing

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I have the same problem,, I have to actually try to miss with my USP. 40, just a excellent gun. ( outside of 30 yards or so it becomes hit or miss,, literally. ) probably operator error.

13. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

H&K are the gun snobs choice it's like kimber you pay a fortune for a quality item however the couple extra hundred dollars is because of the name.

I love the P30 and almost bought it but then I shot a Sig 229 and liked the mag catch placement and de-cocker position better on the sig.

Save your money

14. msup752

msup752 New Member

As I have posted elsewhere, my USP 45c broke with very few rounds shot through it. It mostly stayed in my car. A small leaf spring broke which allowed the hammer to rest on the firing pin. I didn't test it but an unrestrained hammer was not a good thing. H&K did fix it under warranty.
    I still carry the uber awesome P7 when I need a slimmer pistol. It is heavy but has never failed. I can even make hand loads that are light enough to jam other pistols function fine in the P7.

15. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I take it you don't own an HK? Ever even shot one? Calling people gun snobs because they prefer a different weapon than you just makes you sound like a hater.

16. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I agree, people Buy what they like or what they can afford. I wouldn't drive a focus if Porche was in the cards. If I did drive a Porche that doesn't make me a snoob, it just means I have good taste.

A HiPoint is the best gun some people have ever shot because it the only gun they have ever shot. Once you reach the top tier you dont buy entry level anymore.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  17. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

H&K are great guns. Price has nothing to do with the quality of the manufacture. It is no different then paying the same price for other guns. heck I have seen some sigs, 1911's with a higher price tags then some H&K.

18. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

The gun snob comment was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. I have shot Pistols, Rifles, and shotguns in all price ranges. I never said H&K did not make a great product but a lot of people pay for the name IMO

Shoot what you want but there are a lot of gun snobs out their I don't think any of us can deny that.

Don't be so serious

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  19. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

As well I almost bought a P30 in 9mm a little over seven hundred for the 9mm in shops in my area I don't need ambidextrous features and did not like the how the de-cocker was near the hammer.