*&^$!! - How about a GOOD NEWS Thread??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Holy Hell!!

94 Obama-care threads. The World is going to Hell. We got Troll posts, Spammers, Reported Posts Galore....

Where is the Good News around here?!?!

Where is something that is just cool, or makes you grin?!

I am not talking about how you put such and such firearm on layaway. We have threads for that.

I am not talking about "I just shot a perfect double" news - we have RANGE REPORTS for that.

I am talking about basic, ordinary, going about your life good news.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

My dog will disobey me on command. He will also jump up when I come home from work, like this is the first time he has seen me in a year, and give me mad kisses.

In the middle of the night, when he wants to go out, he will come over to the bed, put his head down next to my face without touching me, and just breath on me, like a sigh.

When I wake up, he gives me big kisses and wags his tail like it's the first time he as seen me.

I think he actually has a smile & that just warms my heart, no matter how mad I am at him. :eek:

Sometimes we all need big sloppy puppy kisses.

What you got???

JD

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The big hug from your kid. :D

3. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

My girls tell me I am pretty they have been doing that alot here lately and it is very sweet:)

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

When I get a random text message from the wife. Something throughout the day as simple as "miss you"

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I had some amazing sex Sunday night...hoping for a repeat performace tonight. Not sure if it counts but it made me smile.

6. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Can't deny that that would fit into this thread.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

To see my son growing into a fine man....and thank you for this, JD. :)

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a Crazy Redhead at home that I can't control, but that's what makes it great.

9. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

String Cheese. It just makes me smile.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If you want to Cheer Up [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UP86bciVA"]Click Here[/ame] it is sure to put a smile on your face. If not you have nothing to look forward to.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

We had a banquet on Friday night. We raised over $12,000 for the Good News Jail and Prison Ministry. It is awesome to see how prisoner's lives are being changed. Sure we will see some re-offend. But, if one offender does their time and becomes a valuable part of the community it is all worth it.

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My three year old granddaughter just said she wants to play baseball! Now to get her twin sister to want to do the same!!

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

A little Python always cheers ME up!

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Dunerunner and I had a nice get together for lunch today. The man speaks an entirely different language when it comes to beer and is impressively knowledgeable.

Next time we'll get in some shooting at my home range. :cool:

15. 206sur

206sur New Member

Thanks SHIHAN, Monty Python has always made me smile. And OH how we need some cheering up right now. The wife and I took our granddaughter to the zoo last weekend. That was very enjoyable.:D:D:D

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

My good new is i went to Washington state today, just a small hop across the Columbia river, and applied for my concealed carry permit there. Easiest permit I've ever applied for. Defiantly harder here in Oregon. Still cant see why these two side by side states don't reciprocate.

17. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I interviewed for a position with a translation company and they called me to offer me a better job. :)

And tomorrow a lovely lady is going to wake up early, even though she hates it and it's a holiday in Argentina, because she wants to teach me how to ride a bike. For some reason I'm actually looking forward to what can only be a morning of public humilliation.

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

My wife is laughing her butt off at me right now...I just sat down on a hard chair and sat on my nuts...jumped up in pain....hobbled around for a couple of minutes...sat back down and DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

My wife is crying she is laughing so hard. I know this isn't good news for me, but hey I figured you guys could use the laugh.

19. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

These days nothing can make me more at peace with myself and the world than when my three year old daughter stops playing or whatever shes doing and comes over to me to give me a BIG kiss and tell me she loves me as much as the WHOLE world!! (her words):D

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I love Monty Python and good Brew! :D