Houston Store Clerks Kills Shooter

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by alsaqr, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:40 PM.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The perp attempted to pass a fake $20 bill. Clerk refused the bill and perp shot at clerk. Perp was killed as he should have been.

“Luckily and fortunately for the convenience store clerk, he had a gun with him. He was able to return fire,” said Sgt. Horn with the Houston Police Department. “The suspect or the robber collapsed here at the store. He was transported to the hospital where he died later.”

Police said the suspect was struck by gunfire multiple times. Investigators at the scene said the situation would be treated as a robbery."

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...6-5d5f-4e39-8a60-6815cf70f059?ref=exit-recirc

2. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

At least the store clerk can rationalize & justify to himself, for his remaining years, he took a life killed someone over a fake $20 bill.

wonder where the clerk is going to live in the future as well as when he will quit looking over his shoulder For the retaliatory response?

nice touch by the blue brotherhood...
    ‘We’re thinking that the bullet that the robber or suspect fired was only a few inches away from him," police said.

Such a good firm concise objective descriptive evidence — “we’re thinking...”

3. alsaqr

The store clerk killed a criminal who was on parole for a similar crime, after the criminal shot at him. Scumbag got what he deserved.

4. Nmwabbit

so j.q.ignorant shop clerk is allowed to be prosecutor, judge, and executor...based on their version of the incident while protecting his own derrière cuz the situation went sideways?

5. Double20

Double20 Active Member

No....he took a life because someone tried to take his first. The robber/criminal/suspect/perp whatever name you want to use, fired the first shot. At that point, it ceased to be about the fake $20 bill and became about preserving his life. The guy could have just walked out of the store and accept that he didn't fool the clerk instead of firing on him. He would still be alive.

What would you have the clerk do? Accept the fake $20 bill even though he knew it was fake? If he told the guy that it was fake and that he wouldn't accept it and the guy reacted by shooting at him, what would you have the clerk do? Let the bad guy keep shooting at him until he connected? On the surface this looks like a cut and dried self defense shooting unless there are other facts that come out beyond what is currently out there. If the bad guy didn't want to die, he should not have introduced a gun into the situation. That's the chance you take when you do that. Don't see where any fault or blame lies on the clerk's shoulders.

primer1, RJF22553, tac foley and 8 others like this.
  6. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

No he absolutely did not!

That's specious logic at best.

He took someone's life in defense of his own life.

Aarond

RJF22553, Caveman Jim, Mongo and 6 others like this.
  7. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Active Member

You have a talent for manipulating the story. You may have missed your calling...

primer1, Caveman Jim, Mongo and 5 others like this.
  8. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Damned right he does.

We all do.

If as reported, he stopped a murder-in-progress right in its tracks. He was the intended target. He said "Um, no." In the most concrete, certain terms he could muster.

We ALL have every right to exactly that, on the instant of our murder unfolding.

Every day of the week.

Shouldn't call it "judge, jury, executioner" though. Should call it what it was. Again, IF as reported, it was an attempted murderer, caught in the act, and halted with the degree of force deemed necessary to disallow murder. The little perp had every opportunity to walk out of that store unharmed, had he but refused to harm another. He chose otherwise. It's on him. Nobody else. Every time.

9. alsaqr

Bull crap, it was caught on camera.

Mongo likes this.
  10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Shoot at me I've waited to long but if I'm able I'll ventilate you.
    Point a gun, pull a knife, etc I'll ventilate you.

Clerk didnt shoot over a 20 dollar bill .
    He fired once fired upon.

11. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

troll.jpeg

12. Nmwabbit

Where did this shock & awe get reported — newspeek media!

Blue brotherhood’s concise report description — “we’re thinking..” is decisive isn’t it!

yes there are several concepts available...
    1. Allegedly the customer presented a bogus bill for merchandise...
    a. Calmly say no this a bogus bill — keeping the bill.
    b. Pitch a fit, screaming yelling ad nauseam — keeping the bill.
    c. “a” but Perp attempting to grabbing the bogus bill back leading to altercation.
    d. “b” & “c” — altercation ensues.

2. Only one side of the story...huh...and the investigators are sharp...”we’re” thinking...
    a. Residue on perp’s hand?
    b. Perp’s handgun residue on clerk’s hands?
    c. Video?
    d. Level & depth of the investigation?

3. Clerk friends with...? (Shades of Zimmerman — SO released him immediately after that shooting, etc.)

so as the olde proverb goes..”for the want of a nail...”

ya’ll are celebrating and perpetuating on a public forum of a vigilante death all from a BS shock & awe inconclusive poorly reported newspeek media article.

Sorry, folks only known fact...the clerk killed, took a life, over a Bogus twenty dollar bill as you have absolutely no creditable, insightful, and verifiable knowledge except from the newspeek article who LE’s commentary, “we’re thinking...”

13. alsaqr

You are opposed to law abiding folks defending themselves in any life threatening situation. What in hades are you doing on a gun board?

i absolutely don't care that scumbags get killed in situations like this one.

primer1, RJF22553, austin92 and 3 others like this.
  14. Nmwabbit

sorry where have i stated that...in fact the exact opposite is true...

i’m sorry but you are unequivocally advocating, showing premeditated mentality, w/o objective evidence, of vigilante activities, resulting in killing, not unqualified SD instances!

15. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

16. Nmwabbit

outstanding contribution to the thread’s premise

17. elfmdl

elfmdl Active Member

My goodness do I get tired of the fights you try to start.

primer1, austin92 and AgedWarrior like this.
  18. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Active Member

There are at least two reports confirming this incident in Houston, and they both affirm the clerk was justified as he was defending himself. Rejecting a counterfeit 20 should not have initiated a gun fight, but the guy allegedly drew and fired first. The clerk was a better shot and he lived to tell about it. If there is more to the story than what is published, none of us are privy to it, so we can only go by what information is available. You seem to want to improvise and suggest other scenarios that at this point are only alleged in your mind, as there is no known evidence to support your allegations/suspicions. Really, out of all I heard so far on this thread, it seems you are the only one making things up in your arguments. Based on what is reported, it sounds as if the clerk was justified in defending himself. It is nothing to celebrate, just the facts as we know them today, and a tragedy the clerk will have to live with.

My bad, it is just the information we are privy to at this time.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:19 AM
    PaBushMan and alsaqr like this.
  19. Nmwabbit

it was...cited or available where alsaqr

20. Nmwabbit

facts from...???? Oh ya sensationalized newspeek media report...

and my sentiments expressed previously re initiated over the bogus 20; nothing to celebrate Like some are doing here; and the clerk must live with his actions...