Firearms Talk banner

Hotter Than Normal 454 Rounds?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Jamesaritchie 
#1 ·
Last weekend I ran a box of Cor-Bons (335g at 1,600fps) through the SRH. I've shot this round multiple times and like it.

This box of bullets just "looked" different, and I noticed it immediately. The crimp around the bullet was much deeper and pronounced than I'd seen before, and the brass looked weathered, like it had been in damp conditions. Every other box I've bought looks different than these.

This gun has always kicked, but nothing outrageous. Monday it gave me all I could handle and my hand is still pretty darn sore 2 days later. I've shot more than I did Monday in the past and never had my hand walk away sore before. Is it possible that this was a "hotter" batch of bullets than normal and the tollerances on these were a little outside of what is typical for this round?

#6 ·
If those rounds look different from other box's of corbons you have shot contact there CS folks and maybe you spend seen them a couple close ups and see what they have to say. It would be good if you are a buddy had a few of there older stuff to show the difference. Is there a chance that the rounds you have are from some middle mans old stock. bend hang'n around to long. Maybe Corbon will send you some new product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.