Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Anyone else an afficionado of pain in a bottle?

2. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Yeah, especially cayenne peppers.

3. user4

user4 New Member

4. bkt

bkt New Member

Scorned Woman is my preferred goes-on-just-about-everything-I-eat sauce. Some of the Dave's Insanity sauces are OK, but most are just friggin' nuts.

5. user4

user4 New Member

Agreed. Pain just for the hell of it is stupid. It has to taste good too. A buddy of mine brought back this stuff from Jamaica that was amazingly delicious, but insanely high in the scofield ratings. It used habeneros, not cayenne.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If it makes the skin in my mouth sluf off then it AIN'T for me.

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

OC Spray?? Love that stuff.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Gotta give a really big +1 on the OC. First Defense out of the MKIV can. superb spice for grilling up some yard bird (that's chicken to you yankees). Does not go as well with beef or pork, but very snappy on chicken.

My SO puts Tabasco on everything except cereal and ice cream. I like to taste my food. Tabasco overpowers all other flavors, IMHO.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Growing up out here in Mexico I'm used to salsa on most things like salads and vegetables. My new thing on BBQ is cajun seasoing. But I think my favorite is the garlic chilli sauce we get with chinese food. Great flavor and good afterburn. I'll eat that till I sweat.

Think I'll find a good spicy dish avatar for the day!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I love a good hot sauce. My favorite is Blair's After Death. Great flavor and it does not take much. Way up there in scoville scale.

11. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Not if you use the chipotle Tabasco! Good smoky flavor and little heat.

I have many types of sauce, my favorite is homemade:D

12. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I like all hot sauces, but I make my own from my own garden so it's fresh.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The Wife got me some Blairs Reserve, think she paid $40. Half a tsp in a gallon of chili is awesome. A hair over, you'll be s#!tting blood.

Daves Insanity. I had seen a thousand warning labels on bottles that housed mediocre sauce. So we picked some up at a shop, and stopped at BK for lunch. I'm looking at my Whopper, pull the new bottle from my pocket, and load up.

First bite, nothing. Then a tingle. Then a river of snot, and difficulty breathing. Felt like a flaming brick in my stomach.

Mustard Gas, an aluminum bottle, mustard based sauce. I pour some on a chicken strip, the phone rings. I answer it, look back, and it's bubbling on the chicken. Literally bubbling. Like a little volcano. But delicious.:cool:

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I do like the Chipotle Tabasco. More complex than hot.

Still prefer granny-in-law's fresh Pico. Not really a sauce, but full of flavor. Ive got to get my veggie garden in soon. Tomatoes and Peppers are all I will put in. I have a big yard but deer have access to about half of it. There is really no sense fighting them, they will win!

Heavy soil no good for tubers and root veggies. Toms and Jals grow like mad and have very high yields. If I had a bigger area available, I would put in some Spaghetti squash. YUM!

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What about Franks Red Hot Sauce?

I put that BEEP on everything.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

This close to Louisiana, i'm a Tabasco guy, all 5 flavors that i've tried. The green Jalepeno one is soooooooooooo good on collard greens. I do love the classic lil peppers in vinegar as well. The Dave's Insanity stuff is tooo hot for me, tried a few (peach was OK). Fresh pico de gallo (sp) is great, but not too easy to find; chow chow or pepper jelly is much more common around here. I guess, if i ate meat I would have more variety in my hot sauce selection.

edit* Robo, have you seen the hanging tomato basket things? It has lil holes for like 6 plants coming out of a green icecream cone-looking thing you hang on the porch. I saw something similar for strawberries. Some blackberry bushes might keep the deer busy & away from the 'maters. Closest i could find, should be about the same: http://www.amazon.com/Felknor-Ventures-82506-Upside-Down-Planter/dp/B0001WYNP0/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_img_a

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Yea, Blair's is like that. I use 3 drops in my chili after wifey and kid have had their fill. I took some to work for a 'hot pepper lover guy' who said he could eat all hot stuff. He laid out a big bead on some garlic bread and took a full bite....no screams, but the water works started. Another guy tasted a drop, stepped outside and threw the bottle 'bout 50 yards, and then handed me $5.

18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Fn funny
    After a recomendation like that I'll have to try some.

19. Supar

Supar New Member

I dig that Sriracha stuff. It's the clear plastic bottle with a green top and a rooster on it. It's the only way I can get some heat on my food without paying the consequences on the throne.

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hot going in, hot going out.
    I love spicey food but my wife doesn't, I usually make 2 batches of chili, his and hers.