Horses

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thread for all you guys out there who are horse lovers.
    Be interesting to compare horse stock and training methods. From UK to USA and post some pictures of our past and present animals.

To start I give you my daughters current ride Zorro R he is a Dutch Warmblood and a very accomplished show jumper. Daughters quite good too :D

Attached Files:

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I had horse sausage once. It was good but they used too much spice.

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

If my daughter read that she would shoot you, and she's a good shot:D

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Our new foal

10 Mins old ...

Attached Files:

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

2 weeks old and fearless

Attached Files:

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Bonding

Very important

Attached Files:

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has around 6 horses. They're fun to play around with.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

DavyBoy,

Nice looking horse on the Lunge Line! And that little foal is a babe! Is the other picture it at an older age or is it another.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures. Years ago I had a Foal who was a Palamino Quarter Horse that I broke and sold him as an adualt 4 yoa.. Had to sell him when I moved to the Metro Indianapolis area re my job! It was a tough decision since I too lunged lined him also to build him up. However God graced him as well as me knowing he went to a gentleman that was on the Indianapolis Shrine Patrol as a parade horse. Those horses live a great life I might add. Leather and Silver Sadles and airconditioned and heated stables.
    It was comforting to know he would be taken care of and appreciated. What breed is the horses in the pictures in the UK.
    This is what he looked like!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  9. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

We have over 30 horse on our place my wife barrel races and I team rope.
    We raise and train quarter horse that are race bred or cow bred.
    View attachment 66733

image-1621533988.jpg

image-3788046157.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  10. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Heres one of ours...

Attached Files:

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You guys are killing me. I would love to have a horse again.

I like Halfinglers. But you have to be short to ride them as they are short horses. They are a very smooth ride and a very gentle and personable breed.

My last (and one and only) horse was half thoroughbred half appaloosa. She was my very good friend and mental therapist for a good 20 years or so.

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

You can have mine..... You gotta come get them though.... ;)

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I had horses w/my Ex. She got the horses, the house, the tractors, the farm, the truck and I got my sanity back. Pretty good trade, IMHO. Paints and Quarter Horses. I kind of miss them sometimes. Shoveling horse sh!t is actually pretty theraputic as it does not stink much at all.

14. vincent

vincent New Member

When I tell you that I know what horses are, I've just told you everything I know about them so I guess my only contribution to this thread will be this pic...

This is the view from my back deck, I live next to a stable that teaches handicapped kids about riding and caring for horses...I can feel the good karma oozing out of that place! ;)

That's it, that's all I've got...here's some horse pr0n...(horse pr0n:eek:...it didn't sound that bad in my head...:eek:;))

Attached Files:

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

More Cowboys ride Japanese Quarter Horses these days.

Attached Files:

• atv.jpg
      atv.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
  16. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'd love to have a Fire Mare ;)

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Thanks. But not right now. :)

I kind of like mucking stalls. The stinkiest poop comes from meat eaters. Grain and grass eaters don't have stinky poop at all.

18. Colby

Colby New Member

Interesting observation about the stinkiest. I immediately thought of pigs. They've gotta be right up there in that category. But they eat cheap stuff. I believe most farmers feed them cheap grains and grasses - whatever is the cheapest.

As for the thread - I'll have to find a picture of my horse. Arabian. He was my buddy for a long time. Taught riding in those days. Lots of mud in the Spring ... horse crap in the barn ... but good. I've considered very recently getting back into it. It was very good.

19. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I am out of the horse market for a while. It's a 4 wheeler for me now days. I do miss the days of going out for a hack. I miss people yelling at me "get that horse off the golf course" and thinking how am I supposed to get to the other side?

20. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

got a couple of these horses, but no four legged ones. Always thought it would be neat to have a horse, but don't know diddly about them really. Last time I rode on a horse was 15 years ago on my honeymoon in Mexico and the bugger I was on tried to rub against every tree we went by (my legs were the real targets).

The Carr Ranch here in Cross Plains TN has horses for adoption for as cheap as $25... it is about 5 miles from the house. Cost more to feed one in a month I'm guessing...

http://www.carrranch.com/horses.htm