Hornady's Critical Defense .22 Mag ?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by dgang, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dgang

dgang New Member

Has anybody had a chance to try the Hornady C.D. 45 gr. .22 Mag from a short barrel handgun ? I've been seening their ads for sometime now but have been unable to locate any. Interested in trying them in 2" NAA Black Widow. Many thanks, dgang

2. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

MidwayUSA say's they're getting them on 10/24/2011. I haven't seen anything on them until just now. Didn't even know they were making them. They use the same FTX (Flex Tip Expanding) bullets that all the LeverRevolution ammo use, which I have heard good reports from. I've used the 30-30 LeverRevolution, and while I haven't hunted with it, it shoots more accurately than flat nosed ammo in my rifle.

I'm sure this will be some good ammo, and at $15 for 50, isn't too terribly high priced.

Critical Defense Ammo 22 Winchester Mag Rimfire (WMR) 45 Grain Flex Tip eXpanding Box of 50

*EDIT* Just looked it up on Hornady's website, and it says that the powder is optimized for short barrels, so it should perform well in your pistol.

-Fred

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

3. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

AWESOME! I have never heard of that. Can't wait!

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I wonder if Kel-Tec's PMR 30 pistol had anything to do with this. 30 rnds of 22 mag.

5. DocWard

DocWard New Member

It certainly makes an argument for them, doesn't it?