Hornady Zombie Max

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Hesher420, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Hesher420

Hesher420 New Member

Why? Who is the intended market for this?

[​IMG]

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

A lot of people who frequent this type of forum!

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

pretty much just a marketing campaign. anything to sell an item. i just can't believe that Hornady would stoop to such a level to sell ammo as they really don't need to with the fine products they make.

4. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Dude I got 50k rounds of that in 9mm, 45acp and 556.... I am set for the zombies to come my way I will take them all out. If I run out of ammo I got plenty of COLD STEEL on my side as well.

5. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

Honestly I think it's just a novelty item they produce with all the zombie movies and talk floating around in recent years. I believe the bullets are just their Critical Defense with a green polymer tip instead of the red.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  6. MidnightExpress

If the zombies really become a problem for you, you can always just walk out to the theater or turn off the television. They have zero defense for that and you can keep your stockpile for something more important.

What you should really be preparing for are the Demon Cats.

[​IMG]

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

me !

8. Hesher420

Hesher420 New Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the zombie movies and all. I just don't see why a reputable company like Hornady would market their ammo this way. Seams too cheesy for me.

If I saw someone at the range with that ammo, I would assume they play more "call of duty" then actually shoot firearms seriously.

9. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

If you think ZOMBIES are not coming. Might want to get on youtube and search Air Jordan and 2012 Black Friday.

Zombies are coming and you better stock up while you can. Cause no one but my family is getting into my compound once the hoards start.

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ever since i was a kid i have always loved horror movies,george romero's night of the living dead is amongst one of the classics. About 80% of my movie collection is horror movies, including zombie movies and it drives my wife crazy. I dont atcually believe in the "walking dead" or do i play xbox all day long "although if there is a good zombie game,i will play it" i got a box of the zombie max merely as a cool novelty. I think thats why hornady is marketing them. The zombie genre is hot right now so why not?

20111123_221228-1.jpg

11. Axxe55

express, that is more scary than a zombie!:eek:

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have one of them

20111020_235914-1.jpg

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Definitely not me or mine. Never cared for that stuff and don't see the appeal in it. Too much real stuff out there that is truly scary to see any entertainment value in it. I am disappointed that Hornady would stoop to that level on one hand, but on the other hand if the customers will buy it then they should take their money. Hell, they ought to charge double for this stuff!:cool:

14. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

What is Hornady Stooping too? They seen a market and they went after it. Zombie max is one of their best sellers right now. Who cares if it is a gimmick. Have you look in the store how about tv, Stone dine, orgreenic, sobakowa cloud pillow, shamwow, Subaru has a gimmick, who doesn't use a gimmick to get you to buy things? It is called advertising.

When I talk about zombies I am not referring to the horror movie living dead people. I am talking about real world the government has crumbled because of the republicans greed and now all the welfare and government teet suckers are looking for their hand out because they were lazy and didn't do the right thing to take care of their family. These people will be the first ones to storm the stores for food water 40's and bread.

15. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

When I lived in CA you were not allowed to like guns I didn't know they ALLOWED you to still have them in the PRK....

16. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

It's a "gimmick" that I'll soon have more boxes of. If for nothing else than the conversational aspect. :D :cool:

17. MidnightExpress

I guess this is just as good a time as any to tell you. I've dug a tunnel under your compound and up though the floors. I've been swapping the ammo in your boxes/cases/cans with PEZ for the past few months. It's a four mile hike through the tunnel but it's worth it for "free" ammo. :D

I have problems with demon dogs as well, I must be living on some Indian burial grounds or something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Axxe55

hey! those look like my demon dog! someone is breeding demon dogs!

19. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

You call those dogs.... LOL now that's funny. My dogs crap bigger turds than them rats. REAL dogs don't need sweaters either. LOL

20. MidnightExpress

It must be my aunt in north GA who's breeding these things. That's were the big one (pink nose & white stripe between the eyes) came from, that's if 7.2-lbs can be considered "big". The little one belongs to my sister, the one with the black nose and tongue sticking out a bit. The not quite as little one belongs to my mother.

I completely agree, I don't consider either one an actual dog. I was using the term loosely.

The girl was honestly no bigger than a small rat when she was 1-2 months old, you should have seen the cats follow her around house. They would have eaten had we not been watching them closely.