Hornady Zombie Max 00buck

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by SavageGlock, Apr 28, 2012.

1. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

Picked these shells up today pretty excited about them thought I'd share. I want to collect the whole ammo line!

Attached Files:

2. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Would you consider cutting into one and letting us see what's inside? In the case of 12ga they can't even make the polymer tip green cuz there ain't a polymer tip. What could possibly be different?

3. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I'm curious to know myself what is in them. I don't own a 12ga so I never bought them. I do have them in .45acp and know they are just Critical defense with a different color tip.

Also have them in 7.62x39 but I don't know what they compare to in the hornady lineup.

I may just buy a box of the 12ga for cool factor.

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I was wondering too what the differance is with the 12ga. Im just gonna buy a box or two just to see. I will post pictures when i get pick them up and cut into them, if no one else post pictures before me.

5. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

I really don't think they have anything special I them... Just 00buck pellets... The muzzle velocity is 1600FPS which is the same as Hornadys 2 3/4 critical defense 00buck... Pretty sure it is the same exact shell but just has the box and paint on the shell.
    Link to the critical defense round.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/60311695-1.html

I don't really want to cut it open for the sake of me wanting to collect a box each type of bullet offered in the zombie max collection... Sorry fellas im cheap hah.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Makes me wonder what even CD would mean for 00-buck shells. To my mind 9 lead balls is 9 lead balls, regardless of their packaging.

7. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

Usually a higher muzzle velocity which means a hotter load... Correct me if I'm wrong.
    9 pellets that are traveling at ~300FPS more than an average 00buck it's going to do a little more damage.

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

The powder and the wad are what makes it different than standard OO. And it is exactly the same as the cd.

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I've used it in my .308 and it preformed just as well accuracy wise as the red tip performance shells I deer hunted with last year

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I think they are the same as the v max. At least that's what I have heard. And in 30-30 the same as lever evolution.

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

(revolution) my bad.