Hornady Z Mac: Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by cottontop, Dec 22, 2011.

1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Does anyone know if or when the Hornady Z Mac bullets will be available for reloading? I can find loaded ammo for sale but not the bullets. Or, did I miss something?
    cottontop

2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Are you referring to the Z MAX? Its is nothing more than the 'critical defense" bullet from hornady... just a different color.

3. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

It took a while for the LeverEvolution bullets to hit the streets after the ammo was released, I'm guessing it will take the same for the Z-Max. Being as zombies are fictional characters in movies and this ammo is recommended only for dealing with zombies, it really doesn't matter. :D

As UrbanNinja mentioned, it's just the change in polymer tip color from one of their other bullets.

4. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Thanks guys. Yes it is Z Max. I stand corrected. And, you have answered my question.
    cottontop

5. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

We're just pickin' at ya a bit. :p

I do remember having to wait quite a while before the LeverEvolution bullets were available to reloaders. However, I just received an e-mail from Hornady regarding the Z-Max bullets. They may not have the caliber you're looking for as there's not too many listed yet, but it looks like they'll be available a lot sooner than the LeverEvolution bullets were.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: New Products :: Bullets :: Z-MAX™

P.S. I'm glad you brought this up. While surfing Honady's site I see they now have the Critical Defense rounds for my CZ82. (9mm Makarov)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011