Hornady GMX Bullets

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Silvertip 44, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

I have been working up loads for my Remington Milspec M700 5R in .300 WM and have found the Hornady GMX bullets to be quite accurate along with the Bergers.
    I am trying to decide on a good bullet to use for elk and mule deer this October that will do the job with good placement.
    I have shot some good groups with Nosler Accubonds and have tried both 165 gr. and 180 gr. The GMX that i have been shooting the last few days are 150 and 165 gr.
    The reports and other threads I have read about the Accubonds tout them to being good performers, but I have yet to see any reports on GMX. Does anyone have information on the effectiveness of these bullets on large game?

2. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

Hornady answered the question with very limited expansion. I will not go any further with them.

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm using tried & true Accubonds on my elk hunt. An elk hunt is too important to be experimenting with unknown bullet performance.

4. patret

patret New Member

Mr. Bear knows his bullets.

patret

5. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

I think I will have to agree with stalkingbear. I will be shooting test loads with Accubonds next week.