Homemade wine

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bizy, Oct 16, 2010.

1. bizy

bizy New Member

Do any of you make wine and/or beer? I'm not much of a beer maker, but, I do enjoy making wine. Any recipes you wnat to share?

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I have been known to brew the occasion batch of beer. However I can't claim to be great at it. I buy the mixes and just add stuff that looks like it migh improve things. I haven't brewed a batch for some time, maybe it's about time...
    I tend to brew dark beers, Porters, Stouts, or Brown Ale.

3. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I make Beer and Mead and maybe I have done lots of research on making ethanol fuel in it's purist form with a permit from the BATFE of course, getting into wine a bit but so far only making a kit.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Dunerunner, and I think Yunus, both home brew. I think a couple of others might as well.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yep, I thought it was Yunus that made beer. :eek:

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My dad has 10 acres 8 of which grown weeds. I said dad you should grow corn and make ethanol then convert the cars to run on it.

My dad says "Would ever have enough of it to run a car would be drinking too much and selling the rest" This coming from a guy that ran some white lighting in his day. They would hollow out a hay bale and stick the jugs in it and he would deliver it to grandpa (His dad) buddies for a small fee.

7. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Have only made homemade beer, bought a Coopers kit back when I used to drink about 20 years ago. Very cost effective for a share house full of students, there's real satisfaction in making your own 'nectar of the gods' (as it was) :D