Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a high school woodshop class and I was wondering if it is feasible to build a nice gun vise that will be sturdy enough to clean and dissassembe a rifle on. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I have a vise that is a fancy bar clamp I use a lot. It has no mar rubber jaws. I just screwed it on a scrap piece of 2 x 12. It's very handy when cleaning handguns, shotguns and mounting scopes on rifles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool Idea.
I wood work as a hobby and for necessity.

I love project ideas. Take a look at these.

Cam type vise

Wood Threads?

And this one use a woodworking clamp (are you familiar with these?
I like the idea of the wood working clamp becuse it seems more versatile as far as different types of firearms. I just don't know how to build the rest of the vise.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a vise that is a fancy bar clamp I use a lot. It has no mar rubber jaws. I just screwed it on a scrap piece of 2 x 12. It's very handy when cleaning handguns, shotguns and mounting scopes on rifles.
That is a good idea but since I don't have the money to buy much of anything. I'd rather build most of it

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
anything you build yourself is going to be lightyears better than the cheap plastic junk they sell in stores and call vices. i think its a great idea and a damn fine project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts