homemade game calls?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by savageman97, Jan 28, 2013.

1. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Does anyone on here make there own calls? I hunt deer and elk and I'm getting into ducks so I was thinkin about makin some calls. Is there anything I should know before I try it?

2. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I'm surprised! None of you guys have tried it?

3. cgersty

cgersty New Member

My dad is a huge woodworker, and is pretty good on his lathes, I was gonna buy duck call inserts and have him turn some barrels for me, but haven't got around to it yet.

4. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I'm currently in woodshop

5. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I'm currently in woodshop and I am pretty sharp at lagging and I figured I'd try it but kinda wanted some pointers before I started

6. cgersty

cgersty New Member

7. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

Ya those look awesome! I think I might get a couple of those

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Would be a neat project for a grade in woodshop class, and ill tell ya what, if you figure it out, ill even buy one from ya!

9. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Hell, I've got all sorts of small pieces of exotic woods and laminates, If ya get the hang of it, I will send ya some wood, I'd like one made out of Osage orange! I know I've seen reed kits by themselves to, if I find the link ill send it to ya!

10. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

They have them on the website that you linked. Ya I think it would be pretty sweet! I wanna make a deer grunt and maybe a bleat too.I don't think it would be very hard