Home workshop guns

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by alard17, Nov 20, 2011.

1. alard17

alard17 New Member

Hi; Have anybody of you guys read the books of BILL HOLMES "HOME WOKSHOP GUNS FOR DEFENSE AND RESISTANCE;the 9mm machine pistole;" I think that this book is amazing and I intend to make it real and I need your opinion about it so please advice me.
    I hope to recieve your emails soon on: safwa92@gmail.com

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

If this is a fully automatic, you might should reconsider. That's some prison time, with a chance of a large cell mate that might think your pretty.

3. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

No. Nor do I intend to.

4. triggerman770

triggerman770 New Member

since you post your intentions on a public forum, which I expect is monitored by the ATF, maybe you are not too bright. And while individuals can make firearms for themselves which are no to be sold, NFA weapons are not among them. get ready to meet :Bubba"

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well said. I would like to build a gun myself, but I'm wanting to build something like a .357 mag single shot survival rifle.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Hold up a minute, folks-

Alard, I show an internet provider for you that is outside the US. I mention this for a reason- to explain the folks that may respond in a "less than friendly" manner.

In the US, it is HIGHLY illegal to build a fully automatic weapon without having a special license. To do so carries a penalty of 10 years in prison, and a fine of up to $250,000- along with loss of your rights to own ANY firearm.

It is no uncommon for us to run into a new person that is not fully aware of the laws they are under here in the US- and are about to do something really- I mean REALLY stupid. The folks here are not shy about telling them that they are stupid.

However, IF you are not in the US, and under US law, that does not apply.

A pistol caliber sub-machinegun is actually one of the simpler firearms to manufacture. During WW 2 the British designed and built the STEN, known as the Plumber's Nightmare- it looked as if it were made of sections of pipe. The difficulties will be finding the correct grade of steel, rifling of the barrel, and the correct weight of springs. Skills in the use of machine tools is also helpful, but generations of Afghan gun makers have shown it is not essential, only helpful.

SWSinTN likes this.