Home Protection Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by mariam, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mariam

mariam New Member

What shotgun do you have for home protection?

2. xerez

xerez New Member

I have a 870 that I've put a pistol grip butt stock on, shorter tactical barrel and synthetic hand pump grip.

It's soley for home protection. It's very easy to move around with in close quarters.

3. socialnorms

socialnorms New Member

Tell that to my buddy, who wants to get a pistol for home defense. He thinks he'll pull off all this video game maneuvering. I told him to get a shotty and keep his wits about him.

4. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

Nothing wrong with an HD pistol if you're properly trained, but a shotgun is best.

I don't currently own a HD shotgun, but it's slated as my next purchase.

5. dkpbxman

dkpbxman New Member

under my bed

12 ga. Mossberg 500 with a Copstock folding pistol grip loaded with 00 alternating with slugs. Overkill, I know, but I live alone and am not worried about rounds penetrating walls.

The Mossberg kicks hard with the original stock but with the Copstock , you can fire it one-handed.

6. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

FN Police model. 8 rounds of 12 guage 3" 00 buck helps me sleep well at night :) .

7. marmac

marmac New Member

Mossberg

Nothing fancy, a Mossberg 500 loaded with 00 buck. I keep it in my bedroom, just beside my bed, chamber empty, have to jack it once and I'm ready!! I sleep well knowing that!

Some of you may tell me that I only have 2 shots with it! I have my Ruger .45 sitting at the head of my bed and it has #'s 3-11 if necessary! I would rather have the shotgun initially, but if there were a gang, I'm pretty handy with the .45! If there was a dozen, I guess I could just hang it up!!

;)

MarMac

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  8. jakethe_snake

jakethe_snake New Member

Mossberg Twelve guage,
    I would probly use Dove shot.

9. UnBound

UnBound New Member

mossy 12 with buckshot.

10. bkt

bkt New Member

Remington 870 20ga. 18" barrel, pistol grip, collapsible stock.

11. Brent L

Brent L New Member

870 Express, 20bore, Youth model. Ditto BKT.

12. SheGUN

SheGUN New Member

What he said........;)

13. Ed21

Ed21 New Member

What they said only substitute 870 Express for Mossberg 500. :) (Nothing against the Mossy mind you. Just have the express.)

14. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Mossburg 500, pistol grip stock, heat shield, ghost ring. Loaded with LE low recoil 12 pellet 00 buck.

15. allmons

allmons New Member

Remington 870

but I have a Mossberg 500 series in the truck. Feel VERY safe with either of them.

:)

16. Frank

Frank New Member

Mossberg 590 with Federal Low Recoil 00 Buckshot chamber empty. I figure if it comes to it chambering the first round is the only warning they get.

17. AK-OK

AK-OK New Member

I keep my Siaga 12 close by loaded with 10 rds of #4 buck.

18. SabreArms

SabreArms New Member

AK-OK I hear ya. Currently I have an 870 with top folder, side saddle, Streamlight and extended tube. I have tactical buck in the tube.

Once the Big D is complete I am giving her the 870 and I will be using the Saiga 12 once I get a light outfitted on it. (get my 10 round mags this week) Woohoo!! I also need to find a buttstock for it. It doesnt work to well when the current one is folded.

19. AK-OK

AK-OK New Member

20 rd drums are now available as well....just incase its a zombie night.

20. SabreArms

SabreArms New Member

Damn Where and how much?