Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 870 that I've put a pistol grip butt stock on, shorter tactical barrel and synthetic hand pump grip.

It's soley for home protection. It's very easy to move around with in close quarters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tell that to my buddy, who wants to get a pistol for home defense. He thinks he'll pull off all this video game maneuvering. I told him to get a shotty and keep his wits about him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nothing wrong with an HD pistol if you're properly trained, but a shotgun is best.

I don't currently own a HD shotgun, but it's slated as my next purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
under my bed

12 ga. Mossberg 500 with a Copstock folding pistol grip loaded with 00 alternating with slugs. Overkill, I know, but I live alone and am not worried about rounds penetrating walls.

The Mossberg kicks hard with the original stock but with the Copstock , you can fire it one-handed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mossberg

Nothing fancy, a Mossberg 500 loaded with 00 buck. I keep it in my bedroom, just beside my bed, chamber empty, have to jack it once and I'm ready!! I sleep well knowing that!

Some of you may tell me that I only have 2 shots with it! I have my Ruger .45 sitting at the head of my bed and it has #'s 3-11 if necessary! I would rather have the shotgun initially, but if there were a gang, I'm pretty handy with the .45! If there was a dozen, I guess I could just hang it up!!

;)

MarMac

·
Registered
35 Posts
mossy 12 with buckshot.

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Remington 870 20ga. 18" barrel, pistol grip, collapsible stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nothing fancy, a Mossberg 500 loaded with 00 buck. I keep it in my bedroom, just beside my bed, chamber empty, have to jack it once and I'm ready!! I sleep well knowing that!

What he said........;)
What they said only substitute 870 Express for Mossberg 500. :) (Nothing against the Mossy mind you. Just have the express.)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mossburg 500, pistol grip stock, heat shield, ghost ring. Loaded with LE low recoil 12 pellet 00 buck.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Remington 870

but I have a Mossberg 500 series in the truck. Feel VERY safe with either of them.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mossberg 590 with Federal Low Recoil 00 Buckshot chamber empty. I figure if it comes to it chambering the first round is the only warning they get.

·
Registered
82 Posts
AK-OK I hear ya. Currently I have an 870 with top folder, side saddle, Streamlight and extended tube. I have tactical buck in the tube.

Once the Big D is complete I am giving her the 870 and I will be using the Saiga 12 once I get a light outfitted on it. (get my 10 round mags this week) Woohoo!! I also need to find a buttstock for it. It doesnt work to well when the current one is folded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AK-OK I hear ya. Currently I have an 870 with top folder, side saddle, Streamlight and extended tube. I have tactical buck in the tube.

Once the Big D is complete I am giving her the 870 and I will be using the Saiga 12 once I get a light outfitted on it. (get my 10 round mags this week) Woohoo!! I also need to find a buttstock for it. It doesnt work to well when the current one is folded.

20 rd drums are now available as well....just incase its a zombie night.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts