home owner stops neighborhood thief

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by hawkguy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats awesome!!

guess there is no need for those evil black guns at all

2. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

I have a question. What if they guy kept holding the tv and walked away, could the homeowner shoot him? What if the guy refuses to comply with what you say or runs? What should you do?

3. vincent

vincent New Member

You'd have a tough time explaining how he got all those holes in his back...don't drop the soap :eek:

Some states allow you to use deadly force in the protection of property but I'm not a lawyer so what the hell do I know...

Know the laws on deadly force in your state...

Inside the house is a different story...

If you'd shoot someone for stealing your TV, you've got more than legal problems...

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Let him go. call 911.Your not the police.

Shoot someone in defense for anything but your life and you WILL go to jail.

Besides I don't give to ****s about the neighbor guys flat screen,certainly not enough to shoot someone about it.

5. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

he is a human (scum perhaps, but still human). i could personally never hurt anyone over a luxury item like a tv.

i don't even think a cop would be allowed to shoot him in that instance myself. he'd probably just get tazed or get a beat down by the police.

i only shoot if he is threat to my self or family. others might disagree, but as said, such a judgement might land you free room & board for life....:eek:

6. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

Tom Horn in Pasadena, TX, Shot and Killed TWO thieves as they walked from his neighbor's house.

This occurred before the Texas Castle law was in effect.

The Grand jury NO BILLED him.

eldar

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. orangello

orangello New Member

If you shoot him WHILE he is holding the TV, a perfectly good TV would likely get damaged. ;)

General rule, make sure a life is endangered before ending another life.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You hear that, beastmode?... Listen to your eldarbeast.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

10. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

What should you do? Unless the situation changes drastically from what we saw in the video, let him go. Get all the info you can to give to the police, and let him go. Of course, now that he knows you have a firearm you may want to secure it very well. He'll be back to steal it.

11. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Can't believe he'd load a shotgun for the sake of the media. Not clever. We should always show safe practices so we don't look careless to the uneducated

12. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i was only being sarcastic, directed at the current gun control plans that tend to "demonize" tactical style firearms, and seek to ban them.

everyone knows of course, that the color black and a pistol grip make a shotgun twice as deadly as a "friendly" looking wood stocked hunting shotgun. come on, guys! use some common sense here! :p

13. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Got it. The main reason I listened to it for the word evil was because it wouldn't surprise me from CNN.