home invasion or murder??

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

going to have to keep an eye on this one. sounds like this guy may be telling some fibs. the possible perp/victim was according to radio reports a longtime sex offender and had a rather lengthy rap sheet. but shooting while the guy is down... i think there is a lot more to this that may turn up

2. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Just another one of those, "here's my chance" moments. Many people can't pass up on them-- to bad there are consequences. Looks like he'll be sitting on a toilet in front of a judge soon.

I guess we will have to see

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Decked Out.......

So whats the problem, If you arrest the shooter all your doing is adding more cost to the court system.....Why is it the gumbment won't take this mans lead when it comes to disposing of sex offenders.....:mad:

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I couldn't have said it better.

5. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

sounds justified to me...

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

it does on face value to me too. waukesha is a very very very conservative county so we are liekly to get a good honest investigation. the LE there doesnt put up with much monkey business.

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

If that happened here in MI he would already be arrested,"bad"guy if that's even the case,would have to be totally inside your house.

8. Rockyrules

Rockyrules New Member

I am from MI and have lived in Texas since 1980...in Texas you can shoot him if he is picknicking at your deer feeder...oh thats right you cant use a deer feeder in MI either

9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The JUST reistated deer baiting here and we get to use a WHOLE 2 gallons of feed spread at a minimum of 10x10 feet squared on the dirt.Aren't we so lucky?

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I still remember a local Sheriff speaking to my senior class and advising that we not try to drag the body inside by ourselves, to let him help; apparently there is a technique (dude was serious as could be). He also told us our tint was too dark & to slow down going through town. Good guy; his kid went to school with me and remided me of Slater from Dazed & Confuzed.

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'm all for shooting the guy the first time but I have problems with him shooting the guy while he's on the ground. It just seems wrong to me. unless the guy had a weapon and was trying to use it or get up to use it, I don't think you should shoot. I don't know the full details of the story so I don't know if the guy was armed, violent, or anything.

12. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Sounds reasonable to me. I'm not saying shoot a man while hes down, but if he stumbled of what have you, yea, sounds fine to me. Looking back on the situation, the shooter may agree that one was enough, but in a situation where your life is on the line, I would not hesitate for a moment to put two shots into dudder if it wasn't completely obvious that he was down for the count (no longer a threat). No indication of time between shots either so that's another factor.

13. Recomm

Recomm New Member

If someone rates one shot, they sure as hell rate two shots.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

15. utf59

utf59 New Member

It doesn't matter if he's standing, sitting, on the floor, or on the ceiling. What matters is whether he's a threat. Lots of people, especially in war zones, have been killed by someone who was lying down (prone position). It's a very stable firing position.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

Still no updates. Maybe more news tommorrow unkess the media has totally dropped it.

17. loucip

loucip New Member

I personally would hove no issue shooting a home invader. I live in CT not far from the place where a horrific home invasion took place.

18. sptemt

sptemt New Member

Home invaders

I would have no problem defending my family in our house that this person was not invited into!

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

Oops:eek:, I didn't see where it said he shot him as he fell. I'm fine with that.