Home invasion In My Neighborhood!

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Trez, Dec 28, 2012.

1. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Glad you are OK! Prayers going out to the lady that stood her ground.

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Sounds like the bad tough guys did not like getting shot at. Hooray for the woman. I hope she gets better.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm glad she will be okay. Scumbags like that deserve a noose and a short drop from a tall tree.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i bet she was using an ar15/ak47/glock/sig and thats why there is no media curiosity over what gun she had...

she should be ashamed of herself using an evil child killing gun to shoot at nice upstanding urban yooths just getting thier lives turned around

i hope she pulls through and and buys more guns.

6. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

...at least she had the nads to fire back...be vigilant.

7. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

We had one a town over from us, let's say the home owner wasn't pro gun. God rest their soul

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

At the lgs the owner said he got the report on the school shooting and the feds lied. Can you believe that the feds lied?:rolleyes: The rifle was not used in the shooting. Now the story is 4 hand guns were used and the rifle was left in the trunk.

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...and that would match the original reports of two handguns...and the corroners statement about rounds remaining in the bodies.

.223 does not do that, not at "interior distances" anyway.

Tack

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Actually, Tackle, that is very much a function of the cartridge and range -- more precisely the bullet, speed (which is also a function of barrel length), and yaw. M193 is more likely the faster it is going to break at the cannelure especially at close range where lack of penetration is actually considered a shortcoming of the 5.56x45mm -- penetration is better at 200 yards and devastating for its size! Hollowpoint? Probably stop. M855; possibly won't as it has a steel penetrator as well as being heavier and is less likely to fracture/segment at any range.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Yeah, yeah...I've read the same reports...

I've also shot pig carcases at close range with my AR using about every .223 and .556 load available.

Put roughly 200 rounds into 3 carcases "that were hanging"...slowfire...and saw a visible mass of tissue exit each carcass on each shot.

If cold pig tissue won't stop them at 30 yard...I don't see warm bodies stopping them even closer.

Tack

12. Kai

Kai New Member

I was told two weeks ago, by a coworker, that only handguns were used in the CT shooting and the Bushmaster was in the trunk.
    Interesting.
    I'm waiting for the whole story to be told and hope it is accurate.

13. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I have seen two videos of press conferences by the Newtown Police Chief and he clearly stated that he is not ready to reveal the type of weapon used at this time. So, we just got to wait. There is supposedly a video of the rifle being removed from the car, but I have not seen it.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

This is Benghazi Gate part 2

They want an AWB ban so the gun was an AR...Chicago politics at it's finest...never let a tragedy do to waste...and never let the facts get in your way.

Crap like this is going it make it a whole lot easier for some folks to choose a "hot" engagement...

Sure hope I'm wrong.

Tack

15. heymatthew

heymatthew New Member

These are the kinds of stories that Feinstein and her idiotic Libtard minions need to be reading. Guns DO save lives. In this case, a 61-year-old citizen who was minding her own business. Thank God she had the ability to defend herself. No telling what those cowards would have done to her had she not fired back.

16. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Gold colored car with shiny rims and low profile tires. Hmmmm. Let me see if I can narrow it down a little. :)

17. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

haha, that is great. This summer in the city next to my town there was a murder and the newspaper said that the victim was turning his life around because he just bought himself a motorcycle, only in Worcester ma would that be considered turning his life around.

18. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope the homeowner recovers well.

As for Newtown. Remember, the Dems are dancing at this opportunity. They are using the notion that there is profit to be made out of chaos.

19. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Not to far from my house in Naperville there was a home invasion. the home owner in his 60s fired 8 shots at the guy. to bad he missed... I don't think they caught the guy either