Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,243 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Sounds like the bad tough guys did not like getting shot at. Hooray for the woman. I hope she gets better.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
I'm glad she will be okay. Scumbags like that deserve a noose and a short drop from a tall tree.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
i bet she was using an ar15/ak47/glock/sig and thats why there is no media curiosity over what gun she had...

she should be ashamed of herself using an evil child killing gun to shoot at nice upstanding urban yooths just getting thier lives turned around

i hope she pulls through and and buys more guns.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
...at least she had the nads to fire back...be vigilant.

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
i bet she was using an ar15/ak47/glock/sig and thats why there is no media curiosity over what gun she had...

she should be ashamed of herself using an evil child killing gun to shoot at nice upstanding urban yooths just getting thier lives turned around

i hope she pulls through and and buys more guns.
At the lgs the owner said he got the report on the school shooting and the feds lied. Can you believe that the feds lied?:rolleyes: The rifle was not used in the shooting. Now the story is 4 hand guns were used and the rifle was left in the trunk.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
At the lgs the owner said he got the report on the school shooting and the feds lied. Can you believe that the feds lied?:rolleyes: The rifle was not used in the shooting. Now the story is 4 hand guns were used and the rifle was left in the trunk.
...and that would match the original reports of two handguns...and the corroners statement about rounds remaining in the bodies.

.223 does not do that, not at "interior distances" anyway.

Tack

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Actually, Tackle, that is very much a function of the cartridge and range -- more precisely the bullet, speed (which is also a function of barrel length), and yaw. M193 is more likely the faster it is going to break at the cannelure especially at close range where lack of penetration is actually considered a shortcoming of the 5.56x45mm -- penetration is better at 200 yards and devastating for its size! Hollowpoint? Probably stop. M855; possibly won't as it has a steel penetrator as well as being heavier and is less likely to fracture/segment at any range.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
Actually, Tackle, that is very much a function of the cartridge and range -- more precisely the bullet, speed (which is also a function of barrel length), and yaw. M193 is more likely the faster it is going to break at the cannelure especially at close range where penetration is actually considered a shortcoming! Hollowpoint? Probably stop. M855, not as likely.
Yeah, yeah...I've read the same reports...

I've also shot pig carcases at close range with my AR using about every .223 and .556 load available.

Put roughly 200 rounds into 3 carcases "that were hanging"...slowfire...and saw a visible mass of tissue exit each carcass on each shot.

If cold pig tissue won't stop them at 30 yard...I don't see warm bodies stopping them even closer.

Tack

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was told two weeks ago, by a coworker, that only handguns were used in the CT shooting and the Bushmaster was in the trunk.
Interesting.
I'm waiting for the whole story to be told and hope it is accurate.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have seen two videos of press conferences by the Newtown Police Chief and he clearly stated that he is not ready to reveal the type of weapon used at this time. So, we just got to wait. There is supposedly a video of the rifle being removed from the car, but I have not seen it.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
I have seen two videos of press conferences by the Newtown Police Chief and he clearly stated that he is not ready to reveal the type of weapon used at this time. So, we just got to wait. There is supposedly a video of the rifle being removed from the car, but I have not seen it.
This is Benghazi Gate part 2

They want an AWB ban so the gun was an AR...Chicago politics at it's finest...never let a tragedy do to waste...and never let the facts get in your way.

Crap like this is going it make it a whole lot easier for some folks to choose a "hot" engagement...

Sure hope I'm wrong.

Tack

·
Registered
186 Posts
"They're talking about gun control and all this stuff, if that lady hadn't had a gun and started shooting back at them she'd probably be dead."
These are the kinds of stories that Feinstein and her idiotic Libtard minions need to be reading. Guns DO save lives. In this case, a 61-year-old citizen who was minding her own business. Thank God she had the ability to defend herself. No telling what those cowards would have done to her had she not fired back.

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
JonM said:
haha, that is great. This summer in the city next to my town there was a murder and the newspaper said that the victim was turning his life around because he just bought himself a motorcycle, only in Worcester ma would that be considered turning his life around.

·
Premium Member
5,503 Posts
I hope the homeowner recovers well.

As for Newtown. Remember, the Dems are dancing at this opportunity. They are using the notion that there is profit to be made out of chaos.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Not to far from my house in Naperville there was a home invasion. the home owner in his 60s fired 8 shots at the guy. to bad he missed... I don't think they caught the guy either

1 - 20 of 20 Posts