Home invadee strikes back

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Jul 11, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Victim stabs home invaders

July 11, 2010 - 12:49PM

A man knifed during a domestic home invasion fought back and stabbed two of the offenders, one critically.

Three men armed with knives allegedly stormed a home about 6.30pm yesterday at Georges Hall, in Sydney's south-west.

Police say they kicked and punched the 39-year-old to the floor before he allegedly disarmed one of them and fought back, wounding two of his attackers.

The trio fled the scene but were located a short time later after police were alerted that a 27-year-old man attended Bankstown Hospital with stab wounds.

He remains in a critical condition and under police guard.

A second man, also aged 27, was treated for minor injuries before being taken into police custody with a 33-year-old man present at the hospital.

The two men have been charged with aggravated break and enter, committing a serious indictable offence in company and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The pair are expected to appear in Parramatta Bail Court today.

The 39-year-old victim was taken to hospital for treatment of a suspected fractured left arm and cuts to his right arm and left ear.

Police believe the alleged attack was a domestic-related incident.

Victim stabs home invaders

Finally a good news story, and you don't hear many like this at all :)

(and it's not mentioned that the guy was charged along with the invaders either :eek: Even better! ~ well so far anyway)

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Glad to hear the guy fought back and won.

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

That requires a lot of focus!

4. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Hell yeah.

This is the sort of scenario we train for in my krav classes...and multiple armed attackers is insanely difficult to deal with. You really have to be extremely aware and prepared to act pre-emptively & with extreme prejudice :p

God knows how I'd go in a RL situation though :eek: This guy deserves much kudos!

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The 39-year-old victim was taken to hospital for treatment of a suspected fractured left arm and cuts to his right arm and left ear.

Didn't just cut him up, but broke his damned arm!

6. zhuk

zhuk New Member

That's the way to do it :D

7. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

That guy is a ****ing hero, lets hope they don't charge him with excessive force or some crap like that.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Congratulations to the guy on coming out ahead. I wonder, can he sue the perps in civil court for damages to himself & his door?

So, if he had beaten them with a short, sharpened shovel, he would've risked a charge, right? I have a thing for shovels; they have so many uses. :D

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The man did good. Just love it when a home invader gets a taste of cold steel.

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

There's not much of a precedent here for suing perps, at least you don't hear about them if they do happen - although there have been criminals who have sued victims of crime for injuries they sustained in assaults/robberies. How effed up is that?

As for the shovel, yeah I think purposely sharpening the shovel would see you in a definate amount of trouble (premeditation etc). And an unsharpened shovel would only be considered reasonable if the attacker also had a shovel - or some other implement considered a 'weapon' :rolleyes:

An interesting blog post I found here about the subject as it relates to Aust:

How do you protect yourself at home? | Daily Telegraph Your Say Blog

The Law here states pretty categorically what you can and can't do to protect yourself:

How to deal with a home invader | Daily Telegraph Your Say Blog

The SSAA (Sporting Shooters Assoc of Aust) also has something interesting to say on the matter:

SSAA - Firearm Control - Assessing the Impact

11. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Damn Zhuk…

From reading all you posted you guys have a real problem with screwdrivers… I think you should start a driver to have all screwdrivers outlawed and they must be turned in to the Australian Government to protect the Australian people from screwdriver crime.

I even have the slogan for that:

“Don’t be a victim and get screwed, turn in that deadly screwdriver”

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Rofl! good one scubie!

Why stop there though? There's a whole tool chest full of disturbing evil...Personally I think the garden hand-trowel is gravely overlooked in its potential for mass homicides :p

[​IMG]

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Ah, the infamous "hand shovel"; that would probably require a permit to carry it concealed, whereas the "long shovel" could probably be open carried without a permit, so long as the carrier remembered to have a half-finished hole around. I find the carbine-length shovel most appealing, but due to its use by various militaries for foxhole digging, it would probably be considered an "assault shovel". ;)

All-in-all, Jail > Dead.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Lmao!

Roger on that, orange. All-black (intrinsically evil), compact and the highly illegal folding stock :eek: would designate it most definately as a LEO-Mil only assault shovel.

[​IMG]

Although if it was a rubber-coated, welded fixed, deactivated shovel you just may be able to get a 'Prohibited Weapons Category C' licence for it. Providing you are a member of a registered Assault-Shovel Collectors Club (with minimum 6 meetings/year as certified by the Firearms Registry)

You would need to have a min 6mm hardened steel & bolted down safe to avoid those SWAT team visits though :D

15. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ LOL! :D folding stock

This reminds me of the hero character The Shoveler from the movie "Mystery Men", funny flic.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Actually, on one of the episodes of "Deadliest Warrior" the folding shovel was one of the weapons used. I think it was the Green Berets vs Spetznaz episode...

17. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That there is clearly an assault shovel with the serrated blade.

You Aussies are scary folks

18. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Darn zhuk, what is happening to my favorite "foreign country"? Better get those bad boys under control quick!

I'll be in town, (Sydney) next week and I don't think they will honor my Iowa (USA) CC weapons permit. No worries though, I'll still be carrying my assault Pilot Pen, (fine tip). :D

Sounds like you folks are in the same boat as us. Gotta weed out a few wrong think'in politicians! I'm still a large fan of AUS, don't let them change it too much.:)

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Oh man... but sorry I just had to lol @ the thought of trying to argue for CC here :p Just too funny! no offence I assure you kenhesr, but the very suggestion is pretty hilarious (alas) :D

Would that it were a matter of a few 'wrong-thinking' pollies though - something a fellow aussie wrote on thefiringline once really sums it up best; its a societal attitude we as the shooting minority are battling against:

Nearly everything over here is illegal now, crossbows of any size, double edged knives, swords (sharp or dull), bayonettes (<whoa I have 2 :eek: shhh lol), stun guns/tazers, laser pointers, fire crackers (especially bangers and sky rockets) DIY orange/potato cannons, nunchucks, chinese throwing stars, butterfly knives, knuckle duster knives, switch blades (flick knives), scuba/snorkling spear guns, blow dart guns, slingshots...tyre irons beside you while driving (instead of being in a toolbox etc). Its a wonder, but you still are allowed to have darts (that you throw at dartboards) Oh and steak knives and most kitchen knives and cleavers outside the home - nyet!

So...I would definately keep that assault Pilot Pen handy at all times though - you never know when some knuckle-dragging crim is going to come at you with a Tactical stapler :rolleyes:

*Regardless* of all that, I hope you have a good time here! Wise time to visit before we all go troppo in Summer lol

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010