Home Gun Range?

Discussion in 'South Carolina Gun Forum' started by 40calcliffy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Active Member

Too populated to shoot within 40 miles of my house and have to use a in door range, the nearest outdoor range is > 50 miles one way from my house. Needless to say I don't often shoot outdoors
    PHP:

2. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

lol, I'm just fooling with ya man ;)

3. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy Member

Where are you located? Looks like you got a sweet setup.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

My advice for anyone who wants to own a home range. First find a contractor that has fill dirt he needs to dispose of. Then you have a free and adequate backstop. Another thing this pile of dirt does is keep your shooting range "green". If anyone wants to complain about lead you know where the lead is at. If didn't have a mountain of dirt to shoot into I would have been shut down long ago.

The ideal contractor to find is someone that has to level off the top of a hill to build. He will have a bunch of dirt he desperately needs to get rid of.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 Active Member

For Once I feel blessed to live in Upstate NY! We have gravel pits and lots of steep grades to use as backstops, nobody cares; just ask the owner and go shooting! All I have to do is pick a gun and go 100' out my back door and I can shoot nearly anything I want short of a Mortar or Missile. I dont deer hunt anymore but if I did, I would get my bag opening day off the back deck without much issue.

Its a great feeling to know as long as I have friendly neighbors with lots of land, I can hunt and shoot all I want. Even if I got a bad neighbor, we have hundreds of thousands of acres of stateland within a 15 minute drive that hunting and target practice is allowed. Push come to shove. A backhoe and a little berming and I could have a 200 yard range in about an hour.

6. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy Member

sweeet!!!!!!!