Home Depot Turns CCW Customer Away

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PanBaccha, Jan 30, 2013.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Home Depot employee asks a CCW customer quietly shopping with his wife and child to remove himself from premise as they ascertained he is carrying. In my opinion Home Depot should concentrate on sales and hospitality only. Below is the letter he sent to Home Depot afterward:

Dear Home Depot:

Tonight I discovered the Home Depot does not support the 2nd Amendment, and the right to bear arms.

I was shopping with my wife, and 7 year o...ld daughter, picking out paint colors for our new home. We had several items in our cart, and were having our paint shaken when a store associate approached me and asked to speak to me. He asked me to remove my weapon from the store, as Home Depot is a "weapon free zone." I quietly said that I would find another place to shop, and left the store. On my way out the door I checked just to make sure, and sure enough, there was no sign on your door stating no firearms allowed.

I am an Air Force veteran, and possess a valid license to carry a concealed weapon within the state of Iowa. So I left the Home Depot and drove down to my local Mendards store, where they had no problem with my legal carry of a weapon. You can see from the receipt below that you missed out on a fair chunk of money, and this is just the first trip of many as we renovate our newly purchased home. I will also make sure to let everyone I know, that the Home Depot doesn't support the 2nd Amendment, and somehow believes that criminals will follow their "no weapon zone."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That is one more reason for me to shop at Lowe's rather than home de-pot. Thanks

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

He should learn how to conceal & things like that would not be a issue---

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How did they know you had a [Concealed Weapon]?:confused:

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Was gonna say the same thing...concealed means CONCEALED...

Home Depot can still go piss up a rope...

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why don't you guys ask him if he was maybe reaching for something. I'm sure you guys have never made a mistake where you reached to high and your shirt comes up over your gun. I forgot every body is perfect on this forum!;);). The problem isn't if he was carrying OC or CC.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yes, it was-
    If you can't conceal your CCW properly either don't carry it of learn how-

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Who cares how he was carrying. They can screw themselves, the first thing that pansy manager would do is cry for people with guns to come if they were on trouble.
    You're not going to 'shame' me out of my constitutional rights.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

We've been over & over & over this-
    A bussiness can say ya or nay to gun carriers --
    If you don't like their gun policy stay away & shop elsewhere :confused:

10. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I agree with you Hoosfly! On another note: I dont shop at Home Depot. I haven't for years and i dont plan on it anytime soon.

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

...thats what i was saying.

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Precisely what he had done. Precisely what I will do too. I don't believe he was open-carrying. But bending or reaching so often can reveal the possibility one carrying. I remember once when a local sheriff told the story about an old woman who couldn't reach the top shelve in a local supermarket. She asked a man coming down the aisle would he fetch the item on top. He obliged and did so. She saw as his shirt went up he had a concealed weapon. She immediately went to the manager and told him a man was carrying a gun. The manager then called the police. The man was arrested for not concealing as was the law. So off they went. To reiterate ... Home Depot will not see the likes of me in their stores.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not a fan either--
    Theres a Lowes 2 miles closer to me anyways & they want my bussiness ---gun or no gun ;)

14. davva360

davva360 New Member

Just to add some balance to this one. I read the full story somewhere else, trying to remember where, and Home Depot corporate actually stated that the Manager was wrong. The Home Depot policy is that if it is legal to carry in the state it is legal in their store.

I also received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
    carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
    carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
    your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
    1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Someone shud have slapped the beech --
    The best way to say "Fuk you & your rules" is to spend your money elsewhere :cool:

16. vincent

vincent New Member

And that solves that... :cool: I still think HD sucks though :p

17. davva360

davva360 New Member

LOL, I shop at both Lowes and Home Depot and have never had an issue with either. I tend to go to Home Depot more because they are closer to my house.

In this case it seems the manager may have over reacted and was probably in the wrong. Without the whole story its easy to condemn Home Depot but in reality their policy is ok it was just an individual mistake.

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Good to hear-
    Don't help the dummy showin his CCW or up the IQ on the even dummier store mgr tho :eek:

19. PC167

PC167 New Member

Facebook is were I heard about it.

20. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I wonder what they wouldve said to me, i open carry a lot in the summer time. Id stop shopping there and cut up my home depot card if i was in his shoes.