Home defense without a firearm

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Yunus, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

The scenario, you are unable for whatever reason to have a firearm of any sort, no pistol, shotgun, rifle, blunderbuss, flint lock, musket in the house. You have 0 access to anything considered a firearm. What do you choose for home defense?

An obvious choice would be a knife or taser maybe a crossbow or compound bow. What do you choose as your home defense weapon? Personally I would take my dog (90lb Doberman Pinscher to some training classes). What would you choose?

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Baseball Bat...worked for the mob.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Some people calls it a slingblade; some people calls it a kaiserblade; i just call it my binky. ;)

Seriously, though, i have a nice machete and a ~20lb cat that HATES strangers.

4. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

This ought to tickle :D

Picture 120.jpg

5. amoroque

amoroque New Member

darn it....I was going to say a Blunderbuss....LOL

I think I'm with you. I have a 100 pound dog that could probably be trained to whoop up on an intruder.

My second choice would probably be a baseball bat or crow bar.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Your choices are Edged Weapons (machete, sword, hatchet, knife, chain saw, lawn mower) blunt instrument (ball bat, cane, metal pipe, 3 iron, crowbar, 4 rolls of nickels in a sock) Chemical (ammonia, hot sauce, drain cleaner, hornet jet spray) Pyro - ziplock bag filled with kerosene or unleaded- (Here- CATCH!) Bola- rope, socks, flashlight batteries, garrote (steel fishing leader, 2 oz sinkers)

Or just wait for you to trip over the damned cat and break your neck. :p

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Jeez, remind me not to break into your house.:eek: That's a hell of a list you got there. I imagine a criminal walking into your house and getting hit with a sock full of nickels followed by some kerosene to the face. All this before you even choose to pull a gun on them.

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

My machete or hatchet.

As much as I love the hatchet...I was told I am pretty good with the machete by an ex-marine neighbor. Maybe because I've been using one since 5 yo but a lot less now.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

either the bat or this,

69100-Truckman-Axe_thumb.jpg

;)

10. bkt

bkt New Member

I just picked up a stoopid-sharp katana (my fingers have healed up nicely, thanks) a couple weeks back that became my new favorite bladed weapon (and that's saying something because I've got a bunch of them around here). A good katana, kukri, or machete would be high on my list. A tomahawk, bat or club would be a close second.

And a good watchdog is a must...preferably one that is intimidating and which could do some damage.

11. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

Well first would probably be the dog, strangers seem to keep there distance from him. Then the next tactic would be this...An elderly woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services when she was startled by an intruder. She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled, “Stop! Acts 2:38 (Repent and be baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven.) The burglar stopped in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done. As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar, “Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you.” “Scripture?” replied the burglar. “She said she had an ax and two 38′s!”

12. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey BKT, did you happen to have hung a turkey from a swing set in your backyard? :cool:

Scubie

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I could use this:

[​IMG]

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The one on the left is an ALPHA MALES' ALPHA. He weighs in at about 110lbs and can crush an industrial strength tennis ball in his jaws. He can also crush your average beef bone given some alone time with it.

The one on the right is his girlfriend. She weighs in at about 65-70lbs. and can pretty much outrun anything I have seen, personally, on land and she can jump over 5 feet off the ground to get something she wants.

Neither one of them like ANYTHING to be in "THEIR" yard. That goes for birds, squirrels, wind blowing leaves around, or the poor bastard of a UPS guy.

Assuming there were no guns on the planet, breaking into this house is going to result in you probably losing a lot of blood, not to mention wasting a TON of energy just trying to stand up!

Then you get to worry about getting hit with a Louisville Slugger. And that's just from my lovely better half. ;)

JD

Attached Files:

15. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Maddock handles work very nicely,, as do cheater bars,, a small length of log chain,, or the chainsaw.

Jeff

16. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Attached Files:

17. MGH

MGH New Member

I'm with c3shooter:
    One can of wasp spray for my wife and I'll take care of the rest with my K-bar.:)

18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Dogs
    Hair Spray
    Cig lighter

19. bkt

bkt New Member

Nah. Too easy. Instead, we had a six-foot strand of dental floss without any weight on the end. If your blade couldn't cut that just by touching it, you weren't in the club.

20. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

One or two of these usually helps.
    IMG00174-20091121-1711.jpg
    A couple Shurikens followed with Nuchakus.
    After that I have my empty hands.