Home defense shotgun placement?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Duck4Glocks, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I keep my shotgun in an open case I keep under the bed. But I just realized how much moisture foam holds.

I wanted to get some ideas on where a good spot to keep the shogun in bedroom for easy access and moisture free storage. I have no children so I don't have a need to keep it locked up or hidden.

2. akers06

akers06 New Member

If you have no children just sit it in the nearest corner

3. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Prop it up on against the wall in between the nightstand and your bed. You can reach for it quicker too.

4. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have a large headboard that has a nice large flat spot on top that is somewhat recessed and concealed by the front of the unit. If my wife wasn't so chicken Sh*t about firearms that is where my 870 would permanently be home...

5. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

That's a nice spot. My wife is getting use to guns now but she still doesn't like them sitting in the open. I was thinking of getting a shotgun holster and strapping it to the back of the night stand.

6. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

With head boards I'm always afraid anything I put up there will hit me in the face in the middle of the night. (i toss and turn a lot)

7. mcb

mcb New Member

I keep mine mounted to the wall in a Shotlock safe just inside a closet door about two feet from my bed. In case I don't have time for the closet I hav

8. mcb

mcb New Member

Oops sent last post by mistake. I also have a S&W 686 in hands reach from my bed.

9. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I lean mine up against the wall next to the headboard, also keep either my Beretta 96 A1 or my Ruger GP100 within arms reach on the bookshelf

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

They sell these mounting brackets that simply are held between the mattress and box spring and hlod the shotgun horizontally there. It is covered by the blanket and should be more than safe on the side less seen by anyone who may happen into your bedroom.

However, and this goes for the headboard thing too, sometimes beds are used for more than sleeping and tossing-n-turning, like watching exciting TV shows, and you should certainly NOT expect it to stay there under some situations.

:rolleyes:

Could also hang it from a strong hanger in the closet with a cheap Goodwill* house dress wrapped around it.

*...if I weren't boycotting Goodwill for abandoning Rush Limbaugh in that phoney "we need to give away free contraceptives to undermine religious institutions and pretend we are fighting for women's rights becasue no-one can afford a condom."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  11. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I am boycotting Goodwill due to those No Weapons signs they have hanging on the doors

12. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

Boycotting goodwill?!? Are you serious it's good and will what's not to like?!?

13. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

I keep my scattergun in the rack above the bed

14. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

15. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I feel sorry for you if exciting tv shows is the only action you get in bed. :D but yes don't want a shotgun to ruin any romantic times with your significant other.

16. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

I second that. All of the corners in my bedroom have a long gun propped up against it ha ha.

17. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

SOUTH Dakota eh? And how many cinder-blocked cars on the lawn? Show a LITTLE class... and prop 'em up in the CLOSET corners! LOL

18. xadus23

xadus23 New Member

I have only seen this once in my life, but do to its highly sophisticated and complex engineering i probably wont ever see this again, but it seems to work for him.

His bed used metal side rails that held the box frame, so he drilled 2 holes and bolted onto the metal frame 2 hooks wide enough to hold his Rem 870. Its sat roughly 6inch above the floor and it was at his side all night. An idea thrown out to anyone

19. chefbean43

chefbean43 New Member

I know what im doing on my day off!! Man thats a great idea!!

20. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

Same deal I said just more time in the garage than drilling holes in your bed. You just take a 4 ft piece of round stock for each one cut about 4 to 5" off and weld it to that end to make a T then the other end bend in a u to fit your shotgun make two and slide them between your mattress and box spring next to your side. Then insert your best pepper gun