Home Defense: Handgun? Shotgun? Rifle? I'll take a machine gun!

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by SnoMan, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan New Member

This is by far the best way to defend the house:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQJpN7j2t0]Machine Gun Full Auto M4 M16 M60 and Walther P22 with Suppressor - YouTube[/ame]

Read the article.

Of course, it would help make these more affordable if we repealed the NFA. But we probably have a better shot at a balanced budget amendment, LOL.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. SnoMan

SnoMan New Member

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

The Shadow Knows.

Attached Files:

5. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Full Autos are fun but highly overrated.

6. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Well Ned, the answer's a belt fed...that'll make 'em dead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Suppressive fire for home defense?

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, when it really gets bad, I call my neighbor, and have him shoot the Final Defensive Fire with the 81mm mortars over at his place. Of course, fair is fair, if he calls, I have to use the 75mm Pack Howitzer to fire for him.

Of course, we DO have to stay away from the White Phosphorus rounds during the dry season..................

9. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

*Alert: Due to pockets of overwhelming resistance, the zombie apockyclips (tm) has been postponed until further notice. ;):D

10. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Mines, mines, mines! more mines!

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I really want to come play with your toys. :)

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'd have to say a Remington 1100 or a handgun. I'm an AR guy but for some reason the 1100 seems like a better choice to me. I think most of us are more accurate and much faster w/ a semi shotgun than anything else. Well, I am anyway.

Now if it were in the open or on the street I'd pick the AR w/o question. An AR chambered in 300BLK more so.

13. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

home defense? had this discussion the other day. I can put my 9mm in the palm of my hand and it would ruin an intruders day if he/she were within 20-25ft.... And it is one finger print swipe away. My AR, if I could get it out of it's case in time says " lay down and don't get up" at distances up to a half mile on a good day. My AR isn't exactly tactical (working on one that will be), so whipping it around like a pistol would be a work out...AND a .223 round bouncing around my concrete house might be conducive to ME or my family getting zinged...bad idea.

But then I was fondling a weapon that says "get down and never get up" at any distance within my home. The venerable Remington 870. Black, tactical, never fails, and barks like a big dog.

14. unclebear

unclebear New Member

if I had the money I would have a fully auto M16 with a rem 870 under the barrel, plus a flash light.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I would think although cool as hell a full auto especially an M16 (usually conjures up the image of a 20") would not be ideal in the home. Have you ever used a shotgun mounted under an M4 or M16? I have, its very cumbersome and far from user friendly.

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I prefer either one of my pistols for home defense " 1911 or glock 31"... I have an M4 too but i have two kids and although i would use my M4 in the house if absolutely neccessary i worry to much about over penetration.

17. rugerfreak

rugerfreak New Member

My buddy owns all sorts class III stuff---and after having played with all the toys can safely say you are far better served with something semi-auto than full-auto.

Much like my manual Benchmade knife is waaaay more useful than the auto knife I have of the same model that sits in the safe---cool toy but not very functional in the real world.

The suppressed Norel 10/22 is pretty cool though. The AC 5.56 is not very controlable at all--the 3 shot burst helps a bit.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I used to love the way these things rattle your insides when you set them off.

TACK

19. NativH

NativH New Member

Somehow my FA Steyr AUG never comes to mind for home defense. I'll take my 1911 anyday. But the next time a band of MS13 members come a calling, then I will greet them with the AUG. And promptly move out of state and try to disappear.:rolleyes:

20. swissk31

swissk31 New Member

Benelli m1 super 90 is what I use. If I can't make it to my benelli then I have my glock 21 in .45 acp.