Holy Global Warming Batman!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by nwrednk, Dec 1, 2010.

1. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

"Global warming" my foot! We just beat an all-time record set in 1955 for the
    most snowfall with just over 2 feet of snow for the month of november! This
    is my 21 rst winter here & (hopefully it will not be as bad as the 92/93 or the
    most recent winter of 08/09) when my water supply was frozen for a week!
    Poor Jethro was still a puppy then & had to "porpoise" his way thru 3 feet of
    fresh powder until I had a chance to shovel a potty area for him!:eek:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You post just made my day (NOT). I have to come up your way in Jan to visit a mining operation. I was hoping to be using up a few vacation days- IN KEY WEST- but NOOOOO ! :eek:

Oh well- as they used to say about Alaska- good thing about the -60 temps- keeps the riffraff out.........

3. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

Well, "if I had a $ for every

Californian that left here after their first winter here",I would be a very rich
    man! North Idaho is no stranger to very hot temps in the summer, but it can
    get "Alaska like" in the winter! I made my fortune as a heating contractor here
    in "the right time" and thanks to my training & living in Finland I thrive in cold
    weather! :D (I was born in southern califonia, but I HATE hot weather)!:eek:

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Pretty country you live in and Coeur d Alene has to be one of the nicest areas I've visited! We had three inches of the white stuff here the 23rd, you'd thought the world was coming to an end!! :D

5. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Global warming is a misnomer.

The term is Global Climate change, which has been proven, the human causation is what's up for debate.

6. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Warming of the Heart!!!!

Forget about Humans creating global warming. What we are in for is much worse. Can't wait till the next Freeze comes Thru!!!!!! Go ahead and cut down all the da$$$$$$ trees. The air That we Breathe.:eek::mad:

7. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

Ditto Dunerunner....

I spent a year+ in Sellwood in my youth in 1973...but, a "winter season"
    there is nothing like a typical experience in Cd'A!:)

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Anyone who believes the human causation bulls**t needs to seriously seek mental assistance. From a Danish research facility, with no connections to any of the "usual" suspects of so-called big business or big oil:

[​IMG]

The human addition of CO² is 0.28%. That's TENTHS of a percent which is practically diddly squat nothing to the overall amount.

[​IMG]

Gee. It seems the global temperature follows, almost exactly, the rhythm of solar activity. Wow. How f**king amazing that humans don't control the sun....

Consider that in the 70s, the Chicken Little eco-whore battle cry was global cooling and we were all going to end up human popsicles and farmers weren't going to be able to grow enough food because the growing season would be too short. When are these assmunches going to make up (what qualifies for) their peanut minds?? Are we going to freeze to death or be flooded out??

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

They're calling for 6 inches of snow here night.
    If it's warming, I wish it would hurry up.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

At least you all are not in mainland Europe - UK, Germany, France, etc., they are getting hammered with winter conditions. Also, look at Boston, upper northeast area.

I have an itch to grill out today, nice temps and dry! :D

AFP: Heavy snow strands motorists in northeast US

11. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

Brrrr!

I know all about cold & blizzard conditions as when I was a kid in Finland,
    there was "no such thing as snow days"!!!:eek: Weather was not an
    acceptable excuse for missing school !;)

12. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

move to texas from kc 15 years ago i miss the snow

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

You're a sick sick man.
    Seek help

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Some indications are we are in a La Nina! I hope I am wrong on this, if not the fire season is going to be very high in New Mexico!

"Expected La Niña impacts during November – January include a continuation of above-average precipitation over Indonesia and below-average precipitation over the central equatorial Pacific.

For the contiguous United States, potential impacts include above average precipitation in the Northern Rockies, Northern California, and in southern and eastern regions of the Pacific Northwest.

Below-average precipitation is expected across the southern tier, particularly in the southwestern and southeastern states.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Hey now, the libs and believers of man made "Global Warming" will tell you that unusal and severe weather in many parts of the world are a side effect of the same.

I learned early on in school that if a theory explains everything it really explains nothing.

Al Gore for World Emperor! :eek:

16. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Winters in sunny Florida can be interesting. Give us an inch of what any Yankee would call a 'heavy frost', and we are paralyzed! Funny thing is, most of these people who cannot deal with a little 'cold white stuff' are transplanted Yankees. They get down here, and I guess the sun and sand wipe their memories clean...... :rolleyes:
    And they look at me mighty wierd when I am riding my bike to work and back in 20-odd degree weather..... I tell them it's like ANY outdoor activity - we DRESS for it! I am perfectly fine riding in - it's when I walk from the parking garage across the street into the building that I get cold.

"Climate Change" is a process millenia old - been going on since 'day one'. To think that mere mankind has any great effect to it is the height of cheek!
    Now POLLUTION is a different matter - we ARE the culprit there..... :eek: