Holy crap. Slug from he11. I thought the Polyshok was mean

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by DarinCraft, Apr 16, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I have never seen this round until today but by the info on this site I think I'll be buying some.

Ddupleks products

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That thing looks pretty mean. It makes a nasty pig round. :eek:

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Thats what I was thinking. Check out the videos. The first one is a pig hunt and x rays, the second one is bear hunt and the last one is a pig and moose hunt where they claim to have used that round. They also recover the round on a couple. I really like the fact there was no bleeding and no overpenetration indicating it transfers 100% energy for an instant kill.

I've been checking it out since I posted this and it looks like a great round.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good gravy!!!!! :eek: Home defense?

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

For dinosaurs maybe. :eek:

6. MoAmmoPlease

MoAmmoPlease New Member

I think the petals of the original Rem copper solids operated the same way in that the petals separated from the round. I think the newer versions copper solids are meant to stay intact.
    Lot's of wasted meat with all that extra shot damaged flesh.. Not that they won't stop a small car.:)

7. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

That was my first thought. Fragments from the tenderloin to the hams.

8. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I was more or less thinking of this as a round to be used in an instance when you want all the meat destroyed...if you know what I mean. Usually, slugs are associated with overpenetration of a soft target and what I have seen so far is this is not an issue with this round.

Now slugs are also known for overpenetrating whatever else it could contact like residential construction, which was one of the reasons for the "Polyshock" round. But there was a tradeoff, that round does not penetrate well enough to be considered effective against winter clothing targets.

I am in the process of looking into this round to confirm whether or not it is safe in a home environment and will not travel through my entire house. I live on about 10 acres and am not really concerned about the neighbors because my closest neighbor is over 600 feet away and I would have to take an oblique shot through my house to even aim at one of my neighbors. I am however very concerned with sheetrock walls, which is why I am in the market for a new defense round in the first place.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

What, you guys never heard of a pulled pork sandwich? [​IMG]

10. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You should check out Dixie slugs! Jim Gates is 1st rate..
    DixieSlugs Home

11. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

That's one hell of a slug! Did anyone else look at the dupo28 and the rossa32?

12. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

Watched the first video there... I've never hunted pig, but I have a pet mini-pig, and know firsthand they can be tough, stubborn, ballsy little a-holes. Even the small ones.

But when he took one down, did the other pigs just run in a circle, then stop to glare at him? :eek:

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Note the company is in Latvia. The slugs are steel. I did not see any US distributors listed. That whole steel projectile hurdle they must overcome to gain import rights through BATF. They have got to be expensive :eek:. I can see $5+/rd.

14. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

These are in the US. I was looking though a distributor catalog last night and saw them advertised.

15. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

....so a regular 12-ga. slug wouldn't do the trick?

16. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

I'm sure it would, but I think they're trying to avoid over-penetration. Nice avatar by the way.

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Thanks. Purple Haze, bro!

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Lon,
    I ran across this slug when I was searching for something that would not overpenetrate. I was hoping the polyshok was available for the general public and found this thing. I just thought it was a mean little sucker. You're right, a slug will do the same thing when used against an animal, I was just hoping for a the unicorn of slug rounds. Have something that will kill, but not penetrate 15 walls. Oh well, guess good ol' #4 buck is what I am looking for.