Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any knowledge of holsters that will fit sig Tacops 1911, with light. I'm new here so if one has been posted I missed it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
What I would do (though many wouldn't) is just use leather for a standard railed 1911 and let it stretch a bit. Also, Old Faithful holsters said they had molds for Sig 1911s and its a nice product at a sweet price.

Godspeed

·
Registered
517 Posts
Check out www.copsplus.com they have a huge listing of holster and you can check by gun manufacturer and model.Although I probably would order from another sight they took an extremely long time with an order I placed.Great place to look for every holster made for you're pistol.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Plus one on old faithful. You can buy a kit from them and mold it yourself as well if you like.

·
Retired
13,590 Posts
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. This is not meant as a flame.

When I purchase a new firearm, I look at what accessories I will be able to get for it before I purchase said firearm. That includes holsters, magazines, lights, etc... I have too many that I bought and could not get the correct holster, then the firearm stayed in the safe until it was forgotten. That money could have been used for something else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. This is not meant as a flame.

When I purchase a new firearm, I look at what accessories I will be able to get for it before I purchase said firearm. That includes holsters, magazines, lights, etc... I have too many that I bought and could not get the correct holster, then the firearm stayed in the safe until it was forgotten. That money could have been used for something else.
Likewise Dan.
IMO the single most important 'option' to owning a firearm is _The Holster_.
THEY should be introduced BEFORE one suggests a firearm.
Owners should know they WILL buy more than one holster.
The first edition "Concealed in Plain Sight" - Trey Bloodworth, is a great helper.
Enough propaganda - please forgive me.
Good luck Dan

·
Registered
605 Posts
I still am in the habit of getting cheap holsters at the LGS and pawn shop
leftover bins. I've custom fit many an old holster to a new gun. Sail needles,
squidding or braided line, a utility knife, and a little imagination.

I've got a glock 19 rated holster that works very well with a FNX45, FsN, and
a PMR30. I guess it would fit a glock, too, if I had one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts