holster issue

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lilrichthedragon, Aug 28, 2012.

1. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

Looking for a leather iwb holster of good quality that will protect my gun it is a Taurus pt945 w/laser sight. I can remove the laser sight if neccesary. Looked at king tuk not available for my model. Help

2. lilrichthedragon

If anyone has any knowledge of such holster please let me know

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

4. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Are you dead set on leather?

5. lilrichthedragon

I would prefer leather but most importantly something that would cover the entire front if the gun

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Speak to Cane

He knows some guy in the UK that is amazing.

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

try contacting longballer71 here on the forums. He does amazing custom leather work. send him a pm and he'll get back to you . Check out his stuff in the 1911 forum. Its really nice stuff.

8. lilrichthedragon

Ok thanks sir

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I agree with this

10. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

You could try one of those Tagua holsters, but don't rely on the clip. Mine failed and sent my 1911 down my leg onto my ankle bone. It hurt like hell. I called Tagua and asked for help. They said they'd call me back. That was 8 months ago. I have called again and left messages/sent emails, but nothing.
    I like Galco and the leather that Blackhawk! makes. Not sure if they make one for your pistol, but there WILL be something that fits. Take your piece to a gun store and they should help you fit your stuff. Good luck! I went through several holsters before I found what I have settled on.

11. lilrichthedragon

Ouch I bet that sucked

12. lilrichthedragon

I got a barsony off of ebay. Will post how well it fits. When it comes in.

13. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Good luck! Keep us posted.

14. lilrichthedragon

Got it in today and it fits great. Had to take off my laser sight but got glow paint on the sights.

Attached Files:

15. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Yes. Yes it did... Lol!
    I was just happy that it waited to fail. 30 minutes earlier and it would have been, and I don't exaggerate, catastrophic...
    Can't wait to hear about the Barsony holster. I keep seeing them in searches for Witness holsters. I may need to get one.

16. lilrichthedragon

I was impressed with the quality and the leather was thick. Haven't tested it out
    ..yet. gotta check on my blind and treestand this weekend so that'll be a good time to test it. Glad you avoided your catastrophe lol

17. lilrichthedragon

This only has a clip so hopefully it won't fail me

18. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Well, it's not a Tagua so you should be ok lol. Seriously though, just be mindful that the clip is A potential point of failure, so check it every so often.

19. lilrichthedragon

Will do I wish they could have made a flap to fold over my pants and run a belt through it like my open carry holster. It came with a clip and I took it off as soon as I saw it