Holster I made

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PoPos9, Feb 8, 2014.

1. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

I was tinkering in my shop the other day and ran across a piece of plexiglass. I decided to try and make a holster. So I heated it up in my little oven and wraped it around my glock 26 and wha la. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

'Clearly' a holster that is 'not seen' everywhere.

3. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

Thanks very much

4. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

That's pretty cool. N8² is now using Lexan for their Professional model holster. They found the Kydex was sensitive to heat from a hot gun barrel. Lexan apparently holds its shape better.

Have you tried your skills with Kydex? I'm just curious as I think I may give it a try just for fun and a side hobby. Just not sure what is used for a heater.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Bullet resistant holsters. Interesting concept.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

7. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

Yes I have, I actually took and remolded a kydex holster that was made for a sig p220 and made it fit a glock 19 with no problem. The only that is I don't have the right foam yet, just a heat gun and did it by hand. If I had the right tools for the job I think I could do real well with it.

8. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Where do you buy kydex?

9. PoPos9

PoPos9 New Member

10. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

11. phillip69

phillip69 New Member

excellent!

I bought a 'professional' kydex one for my 30S and had to totally remold it before it was usable. Consider cutting around the chamber bullet indicator on yours - I had to do same - it should be available to feel at anytime in holster to confirm bullet chambered.

12. NickFroelich

NickFroelich New Member

I don't really understand a need for a cut out? As long as the holster was molded to a gun that had a snap cap chambered to raise whatever indicator to accommodate for when your actually carrying

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

13. phillip69

phillip69 New Member

I was not referring to a fit issue, but rather a function issue. Glocks have indicator to show if a round is or is not chambered. It is easy to check by feel w/o having to look at it. I did not like giving up this feature just because my holster was cut wrong.