Holster help for my wife!!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by freetobefree, Feb 10, 2014.

1. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

OK y'all we need help...hopefully some lady's can help.. but all ideas are appreciated..
    my beautiful bride is a petite framed lady and wears firm fitting clothes ... she has a Taurus tcp. 380 w/ a ctc laser ...
    we've tried a iwb... it prints pretty bad.. she's not a fan of the ankle holster.. and she's afraid the flash bang will be to uncomfy, she doesn't carry a purse ... any ideas??? Thx in advance ..

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Firearms Talk mobile app

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

buy a size larger clothing to help not print.

3. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

This could be a statement that forces me to defend myself :)

More people armed, less crime...
    Less people armed, more crime...
    you can't have both!! ( Ted Nugent)

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Buy clothing sized to fit the need and stop worry'n about vanity. One of the smallest yet adjustable waist line holsters is the desanatis soft tuck. Its very adjustable so she can be moved around her body and lean for and aft to find what ever direction she needs for an easy draw. Cheaper too if you shop around. I have used this holster for several of my girls and there husbands to find a position that works best. 2 of them stay with that holster. One carries the TCP and is 5'-2 and 105ln with well fitted pants and tops. .

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...cal/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  5. TeaBaggins63

TeaBaggins63 New Member

If all else fails and she can't find a suitable holster try a clipdraw. Not the best set up. But better than being Un armed. And they run under 20$

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Hardluk1 it was a bit of humor.. hence the smile... but thank you for the link

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

8. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I think she will like this link thanks

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Here is the best advice I can give you. Find a gun store with a couple of female employees. Load your wife in the car and take her there. Go look at cars. Be back in an hour.

My daughter is a petite little thing and we ran into the same problems. Based on her experience I can tell you one thing that won't work, and that's buying bigger or baggier clothes. Changing the wardrobe to fit the gun rarely works, especially for the ladies. You will eventually go back to what you are comfortable in and leave the gun home.

10. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Doc thx... that sounds just like my wife... we will try that

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I wish I could help you more. Good luck to the two of you, and don't get frustrated. There is a solution out there.

12. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Thx again

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

He is talking about his petite wife and you said that? Should he use a front loader or bull dozer? :eek:

14. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

These are not the most feminine looking in the world, but are certainly compact.

From what you describe it will be a challenge based on her size and options already ruled out.

http://www.deadeyeluke.com/deadeyeluke_photo_gallery

It is almost certain a change in dress code will be required in her case.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

It's a Southern thing. At least I didn't tell him to throw her in the truck and carry her down there. Wow. That reminds me of how I found out I needed a new couch. Never, ever drop the tailgate and tell your wife to load up.

16. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Lmao:)

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

This sounds like how they pick up women in Ft. Worth, Tx.

"'back of the truck, bit$h!". It works :)

18. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

Are you sure she wants to carry....or is it you that is insisting? One poster here said to drop here off where other petite women carry....that, by FAR is the best advice. Do you frequent a range where they have shooting events? Have you both gone to gun shows? Talking about it is one thing, but seeing other women carry will be infinetely more helpful. As far as petite....Jesse Duff is petite and she wears a gun like she was born with it attached to her. Part of it is mindset, part of it is comfort. If she wants to carry, she will find a way to do it comfortably and with fashion. And remember, different seasons allow different ways fo carrying, just like with men. I carry OWB, IWB, pocket and most recently use a shoulder holster. And yes, I also have a fanny pack.
    I know it's unlikely that your wife wears skirts often, since few women do...but there are thigh holsters. Look around on youtube with her..there are several videos of women showing off their carry rigs.

19. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I am an advocate of a process to make such a determination and quickly narrow down options. It works pretty well for me.

Based on what you have ruled out, you are down to about 3 options.

Concealed Carry:
    =================
    - Purse carry
    - Pocket carry
    - Belt carry (IWB)
    - Torso carry (shoulder or harness)
    - Fanny pack
    - Flash bang carry
    - Thigh carry
    - Ankle carry

Cross out what you are sure you don't want and keep trying the remaining.

Please post back if she finds something anyone may have overlooked. Good luck on your search.

20. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I would add Belly Band but sounds like she may not be interested.