Holster for women

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Zombiegirl, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

My husband wants me to get a holster instead of sticking my .380 in my pocket which is what I prefer. I am looking for a holster for my .380 or my Ruger SR 22. I never wear a belt so was wondering if anyone has suggestions. I prefer my pocket but if he wants me to try a holster I will.

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

A Ramora No-Clip IWB does not require a belt and is similar in size to a pocket holster.

[​IMG]

http://remoraholsters.com/No_Clip_Holsters.html

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

3. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Dumb question....so with this type of holster, is the gun inside of my pants or outside. I've seen them both ways.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

IWB = Inside Waist Band... fully concealed.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

That would take some getting used to. I'll look into it. Thanks!!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a Remora holster for my Sig P238, which is a .380. The holster is a good IWB holster but I usually just have it in the front right pocket of my jeans. It is a nice holster and works really well.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Thank you!!

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

9. clearsights

clearsights New Member

How about any good carry purses? My wife thinks they are all so blah!

10. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

I wouldn't carry in a purse. If my gun isn't on me than it shouldn't be with me. Your wife is smart. There is no good conceal purse out there :)

11. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Yeah. The only half-way decent purses(which are still strongly lacking) are way over priced.

12. winds-of-change

I agree, Vegas. It's on me or it's not with me. I don't want to be arming a purse snatcher and who has time to dig through a purse in a tough situation. The Remora holster requires no belt. It just stays where ever you put it. I prefer pocket carry but I have experimented with IWB. The thing is, I live in Illinois and can't legally carry so it's just all 'practice' and getting comfortable with it around the house and yard.

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

14. winds-of-change

I have seriously considered this holster but haven't gotten serious enough to buy one yet.

15. levelcross

levelcross New Member

+1 for being willing to try different holsters. The Remora/Sticky style are great for IWB or pocket carry, the flash bang...well I would have to see it to make a decision on it LOL.:eek: I am totally against a pocketbook holster, I feel it is just a prelude to giving a BG a gun.

The important thing is it is your carry choice in the end, it has to suite you and your style of carry. Good luck as this is almost as hard as finding the perfect gun.

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Desantis makes the nemesis and superfly, they are both sticky style and inexpensive. I shop natchezss. Com they have plenty of selections

17. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

These are some great suggestions. Thanks!!!

18. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I finally got a holster but am carrying my Ruger SR22 instead because it's more comfortable than my Keltec .380. I figure even though it's a smaller caliber, ten to the chest should get the job done. I got a Blackhawk nylon IWB holster. We'll see how it goes.

19. Vincine

Vincine New Member

As unique as the Flashbang is, I'd think your bra band would have to be pretty damm tight to hold the holster still when drawing your gun, unless the holster spring is loose enough to allow the gun to come out easily, which I wouldn't want either. I'd like to know, from someone who has both, whether they prefer the Remora or the Flashbang.

20. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I already have too much in my bra as it is unfortunately. I couldn't imagine holstering a gun to it. Haha